Is your tank overstocked? check out kool www.aquadvisor.com

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kafkabeetle

Registered Member
Jan 25, 2010
Haha, I feel awesome! It told me my filter capacity was 197% and that my tank was only stocked to 68%!:woot:

werecatrising

AC Members
Oct 23, 2008
It told me my blood parrots were incompatible with my gold barbs and corys and would require 131% of my tank. ( a 55 gallon)

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I've used AquaAdvisor but I'm yet to try MOAs.

With AQA, I find that it's great to use percentage instead of saying "you can put a few more" and stuff like that.

I currently have a 38G with 8 Harlequins, 4 Pencilfish, 3 Guppies, 3 Peacock Gudgeons and 2 Honey Gouramies. I typed it all in along with my Rena XP2 and it said around 70%. It was very close to my estimation point. Although, in my set-up I'd probably get away with a few more due to my filtration and the tank's lenght and all that. Also, having a taller take makes it easier to separate my fish.

Yes, not perfect, but it's one of the best starting points. Especially for new hobbyist who are looking for ideas for fish, I'd definetely recommend it. Gives you a widerange of fish and has everything you need taken care of with warnings and other breeding information.

I'll check yours out MOA tonight or tomorrow.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
ok, going to add 2more octos to my discus tank, s.b. no change, but adding 3baby angels & 1baby pleco to my 20g angel tank...

chee

AC Members
Jan 6, 2010
so input my setup as follows:
10g standard
tetra whisper PF10
1 amazon sword
1 cabomba
3 platies
1 guppy
2 amano shrimp
1 ghost shrimp
1 mystery snail

this is what came out:
Suggestion: Minimum recommend male to female ratio for Platy is 1:2 (M:F). You will less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
Recommended temperature range: 64.4 - 77 F. [SIZE=-1][Display in Celsius][/SIZE]
Recommended pH range: 7 - 7.8.
Recommended hardness range: 10 - 15 dH.
Warning: You should add more aquarium filtration capacity.
Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 76%.[SIZE=-1] [What's this?][/SIZE]
Recommended water change schedule: 24% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 88%. [SIZE=-1] [Generate Image][/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [What's this?][/SIZE]

i do regular water changes (approx. every other week, if not more) so do i really need more filtration?

PS sorry if this seems like i am being uptight as i am not about to strap another filter on the back of my 10g tank :raspberry: just wondering where the numbers come from .

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
Hmmm, I had to substitute Glass catfish for African Stripped Glass cats (about the same size and body mass).

Not sure why the Ctenopoma needs a taller tank - he has 17" of height to play with...and he's definitely not shaped like an angel fish.

Paradisefish seem to do fine with cherry barbs and white clouds in tanks 20 gallon long and above.

Why are they estimating my AC at only 65%?

No calculation for plants (my tank is overflowing with plants - I throw some out weekly).

I guess I see this as OK...definitely a starting point and nothing more...but it still pretty cool.

Warning: African Leaf Fish requires a tank with more height.
Warning: At least 5 x Cherry Barb are recommended in a group.
Warning: Paradise Fish is too aggressive to co-exist with Cherry Barb.
Suggestion: Minimum recommend male to female ratio for Platy is 1:2 (M:F). You will less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
Note: Clown Pleco needs driftwood.

Recommended temperature range: 73.4 - 77 F. [SIZE=-1][Display in Celsius][/SIZE]
Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.5.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 12 dH.

Warning: You should add more aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 87%.[SIZE=-1] [What's this?][/SIZE]
Recommended water change schedule: 33% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 97%. [SIZE=-1] [Generate Image][/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [What's this?][/SIZE]

halfmoonplakat

AC Members
Nov 7, 2009
3 male betta in a 40 gallon? I dont think so. You should know better. And if those are live (not sealed) dracaena sanderiana in the tank, they will eventually die and rot th way you have them planted.
I agree

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
bump

now, if one has fish that spawn, now what?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store