I've got a little dilema

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Boltster

AC Members
Dec 4, 2007
I sliced open my hand last night and had to get 7 stitches. Thew doc said it may take longer than normal to heal because of the location. Now how am I going to do water changes without getting it wet?? It's my right hand too. Do most LFS stock long waterproof gloves??

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I don't know about most, but some do. Major aquarium eCommerce sites carry them too, they are bulky things that I find too cumbersome to use but can appreciate why you need to. Check LiveAquaria, MarineDepot, etc. They are blue and orange.

blinxxpunk182

I LOVE MY AQUARIUM :)
Nov 9, 2007
Rhode Island
well....you could go to the local vetternarian and ask to buy a box of the sholder length, clear plastic gloves. The are marine safe, thin enough not to be clumsy, and very cheap.
or you could use dishwashing gloves.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Marine depot I do believe has some of those disposable gloves, and if not that just go get some of the tight fitting surgical type gloves from a pharmacy if your not going to be sticking your whole arm in the tank.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Or just use the rubber dishwashing gloves, and duct-tape the cuff so no water can get in.

Sarra

AC Members
Dec 8, 2007
Or just use the rubber dishwashing gloves, and duct-tape the cuff so no water can get in.
+1 I use dishwashing gloves any time I have nasty stuff on my hands I don't want in the water.

Are you not allowed to get that cut wet at all? Though, something deep enough for stitches, I can see not wanting to get potentially bacteria laced water in it...

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
I got a cut like that on my hand wet once.. Huge infection still have a scar from it. Yeah keep it dry..

Why would you need l o n g gloves for just water changes?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store