I've joined the dark side. Soon to be manager of the Petland Lancaster fish dep.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
And they wonder why they've lost so many fish over the last few months. They had been having 8 or 9 die each day, and some days up to 20-25. I'll do em my way and i'll see how many fish i lose vs there way.

Oh and Aquarium Adventure is a specialty store of petland.
:grinyes: Seen the NY & Hoffman Estates stores & they were pretty impressive. Aquatics Only was the attraction for me. Huge floor displays, knowledgeable staff & hard to find S/W & F/W exotics. http://www.aquariumadventure.com/index.htm . The installation & service of tanks or ponds for both residential & commercial is a nice touch. "T"

cubequeen

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Indiana
www.etsy.com
Real Name
Karen
Anyway, I say good luck. And I'd just like to make a suggestion about substrates. I really hate the fact that every pet/fish store I've ever been to only sells dyed, resin-coated rocks of questionable content. How about selling real 100% quartz sand and gravel?

Last edited by a moderator:

00Smurf

The Fish Guy
Apr 15, 2008
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Anyway, I say good luck. And I'd just like to make a suggestion about substrates. I really hate the fact that every pet/fish store I've ever been to only sells dyed, resin-coated rocks of questionable content. How about selling real 100% quartz sand and gravel?
I think its mostly cause thats what the rep has.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looking good, 00Smurf.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Another suggestion: The LFS that I like to go to will test your aquarium water for a fee. I don't know what they charge since I have my own kit. They have this posted in several places and it does get people asking what they mean by "testing" the water. There are also signs posted in several places with things like "Are you sure your tank is properly cycled"? With "Ask for assistance from our staff" right below. It does get people talking, and helps weed out the people who are just planning on buying dozens of fish for a tank they may have set up the night before. :)

Derringer

... overstock this!
Apr 8, 2007
Indiana
Seems like you have pretty free reigns to do whatever you want - thats amazing considering you just come in off the streets. I wonder how long it will be before they decide youre ideas are too elaborate (compared to the apparent norm) and they let you go ... I hope not - will be cool to see a complete transformation, but I am skeptical.

00Smurf

The Fish Guy
Apr 15, 2008
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Another suggestion: The LFS that I like to go to will test your aquarium water for a fee. I don't know what they charge since I have my own kit. They have this posted in several places and it does get people asking what they mean by "testing" the water. There are also signs posted in several places with things like "Are you sure your tank is properly cycled"? With "Ask for assistance from our staff" right below. It does get people talking, and helps weed out the people who are just planning on buying dozens of fish for a tank they may have set up the night before. :)
Yes we do this too. And we have lots of signs posted. lol

Here is a teaser from friday.

0530081421.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store