King Tiger Pleco Q's.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boomerjr91

I see you!
Apr 8, 2007
Horseheads, NY
Purchasing a pleco to consume algae in your tank is probably one of the worst reasons to buy one I have to say. Plecos require a varied diet of meat, wood and/or greens. Each species of them can require all three or only one or two of the aforemetioned. To think of them as a sole algae eater is probably one of the biggest fallacies that have been passed by aquarists the world over. Furthermore what algae they may eat will usually only be of the green kind and I have heard possibly brown as well... but I haven't seen that before as a personal experience.

If you have an algae issue you should probably look at your lighting, CO2 and fertilization regime. If any of those three are out of whck you have the potential to have an algae issue. the best way to remove algae is by scrobbing the glass and removing any leaves of plants with algae on them.
I agree. It is best to feed a varied diet based on your pleco's dietary needs. I feed my bn zucchini every third day, driftwood, shrimp pellets, algae wafers every other days, and whatever leftovers he can find. Lets just say, he isn't exactly skinny.

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
I'd really like to get a pic of him, But I have only seen him twice in three weeks since I put him in the tank. It was dark and I used a flashlight with a red lens to see him.
Heres a picture of mine he's about 5" and lives with my royal plec. He's really active in the evenings with the lights on and eats my cichlids food all the time.
The only time i see my royal plec is when the lights are off, he won't even come out when the living room lights are on.

DSC00039.JPG DSC00096 (2).JPG

chaibill

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
Long Island NY USA
How much did your king tiger cost? I am in the USA saw one for $50. PM me if you like

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store