L-10a fry pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Here's the first pics of the tiny new red lizard whiptail fry. I was really beginning to wonder if the eggs would EVER hatch, even though they weren't fungused. Apparently dear old daddy red stayed with them, doing something that looked like pushups to keep water moving through the pvc tube, while they absorbed their yolk sacs. I looked into the tube just last night and noticed he was alone in there. At first I couldn't see any fry, but I gradually realized the wee buggers were all over the tank. Most were/are on the glass and plants, a couple on the sand and sponge filter. Trying to get pics of something that small with an autofocus point-sand-shoot camera isn't easy. Most of the attempted closeup shots focused on something further back than the front glass, but I managed to get a couple.

Two on the back glass, note size relative to airline behind the tank:

Three (one out of focus) hanging on the Najas, left side:

Look very closely in the middle of the pic:

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
nice!

that is way to cool, congrats

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
wow

sexy little guys

any for sale?

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Maybe in a few months, after they grow large enough to ship. It remains to be seen whether they'll survive. From what I've read if they make it through the first month they're past the critical stage. I don't move my BN fry to other tanks until they reach 1", and prefer them to be a little larger than that for shipping. Smaller fry don't have much fat reserve.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Congrats!

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
Congrats, Todd!!!

tomany

AC Members