L260 Queen Arabesque EGGS!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
Thanks TwoTank!! I think I will heed your advise and leave the next spawn in the cave and see what happens. I'm so nervous, it should be happening end of the month and I do not want to change things around too much in the tank for fear of it affecting their spawning.

Any advice from all of you would be much appreciated! I have done countless hours of reseach and it gets really confusing because everyone seems to have done things differently and still get successful spawns.

On another happy news, my L134s seem to be showing breeding signs too, with a couple of trappings, but no spawn yet. Fingers crossed for them too!! :)

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
Baby L260!!!! Eeek!!

Guess what happened today... I was doing a nice water change in my L260 tank, and all of a sudden, I saw a little black & white thing swoop by! Thought it was a baby guppy, but after doing a double take, I found a baby queen!!

OMG! :22_yikes:

Must have been a survivor, and got away from dad or something. I don't know if there are anymore, I saw it hanging out on the wood, but I have lots of queens in that tank and I didnt wanna take a chance, and have it starve, so I ended up pulling it out into a fry saver.

Now... I need expert advise... should I leave it in the fry saver or should I put it back in the tank?? Also, what should I feed it? It's got a fat little belly right now, but that was probably from the yolk sac??

I'm so excited that I feel dizzy right now!! LOL! For someone who doesn't know anything about plecos (I was told that...), I sure stumbled onto pure luck!!

:dance:

Pictures coming up later!! I need to get back to taking care of the family for a while! Haha!!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I have found my carnivorous pleco fry absolutely adore frozen cyclop-eeze. Cory fry too- in fact most meat eating fry do.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
NLS is good for pretty much any type of pleco, for new fry I use Grow formula. The small pic looks like the fry is still living off the yolk.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store