Lake Monster - catching rare monster fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
I think this is a really cool.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Neat video, I just hope that they don't import fish into the states for that reason. Oops, too late for that;silver carp and big head carp in the mississippi river from fish farms that flooded out in the 90's,snakeheads in the st. james river and oscars in florida( which I read are very sweet and good to eat).I'll stick to the native toothy critters in WI.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
True but not when you consider that they compete w/ native fish for food. Also there are some lakes that have peacock bass in them.

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
yes if you think about it..floridas temps are usually hot. Natives can't handle it so thats why there are pbass, oscars, convicts, clownknifes, etc...in florida.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
yes if you think about it..floridas temps are usually hot. Natives can't handle it so thats why there are pbass, oscars, convicts, clownknifes, etc...in florida.
There are fish that are endemic to Florida that can handle the weather just fine. It's the released "Pet fish" that are ruining the native fish populations. Not just in Florida either.

newportjon

AC Members
Aug 23, 2008
Newport, RI
That is a really awesome idea. I would pay the money to fish if I ever visited there.

However, I'm partial to fishing in the ocean. I choose salt over sweet.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
Go for the fish stay for the women.

Now that sounds like an idea for Las Vegas...

Have women scuba diving in a swimming pool and men fishing for them- if they hook them then...

... well what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... except for the diseases- they'll go home with you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store