LFS in your area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

altimaser

Altimaser
Dec 13, 2006
Sunny South Florida
South Florida : Big Al's Aquarium Supcenter in Tamarac
6820 N. University Drive
Tamarac, Florida 33321
Phone: 954-722-FISH (3474)
Monday to Saturday, 10 am to 9 pm
Sunday, 10am to 7 pm

Located in Tamarac, South Florida's newest and grandest aquatic attraction has caused a tidal wave of industry buzz throughout the US. Boasting a huge 18,000 sq ft. facility and over 45,000 gallons of aquarium displays, Big Al's first US Supercenter must be seen to be believed.

Most amazing fish selection I have ever seen. Great prices

tjBlotto

MTS recoverer
Nov 3, 2006
San Jose, CA
I got two more.

Dolphin Village something in SJ
High prices but huge place. Very clean and knowledgable.

Aquatic Variations in Santa Clara
In guy who really takes care of his fish. He keeps good quality stock and he'll swear by his fish quality.

jere1558

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
Pennsylvania
That Pet Place
237 Centerville Rd Lancaster PA 17603
Conveniently located 3/4 of a mile south of Route 30 on Centerville Road.
http://www.thatpetplace.com/MainPro/IndexFish.aspx
STORE HOURS:
Monday - Saturday 9am - 9pm Sunday 10am - 6pm

This is a great store. Lots of knowledgable staff. They quarantine fish when new in the store. Great tank displays. Fresh and salt water rooms. Not a "box" store. They actually have freshwater and marine experts on staff to help with set up and ongoing questions. They will NOT sell fish that are incompatible. They ask detailed questions about tank parameters, fish one wants to keep. Water testing for Ph, nitrite, nitrates, kh, gh, chlorine, chloramine done at no charge. As a newbie I was able to spend a lot of time with my "fish guy" and never once felt like I was being a pest. Granted I researched a lot before I went in, but I got great service. The best environment for our fish friends...great service...amazing group of professionals from fish room to tank selection to parts department. Not all fish are guaranteed. Haven't had occasion to ask for them to take a fish back....why would I....I buy compatible fish for my tank size.

Ask for Brandon M. He's the best. BTW...I always tip my fish guy because he gives me the best service!

Reactions: MyleusAlex1993

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Clayton Pet Emporium
509 South Hanley
Clayton MO 63105
(314)725-7757

pros: Outstanding displays of livestock including corals, refugium dwellers, cleanup crew, various fish in different sizes... in huge open, very well lit tanks, Fiji LR $5/lb (if you buy >10#), other LR available.
Decent selection of FW fish, a few plants - have all 3 shades of glowfish.

cons: FW livestock included dyed tetras, marine livestock is "pricey", if beautiful (Clayton MO=$$$$ rent). Glowfish were $10/. :/

cbatusf

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
Tampa, FL
www.myspace.com
Tampa Bay Aquarium Supply
14605 Livingston Avenue
Lutz, FL 33549
http://www.tbaquarium.com/home.html
Here is an article written in The Tampa Tribune about Tampa Bay Aquarium Supply: http://newtampa.tbo.com/newtampa/MGB7PKGZSTE.html

Phone: 813.866.FISH (3474)

Hours:

* Monday through Friday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
* Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
* Sunday 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

The men there, Barry and John, have helped me tremendously and have been patient with answering my newbie questions. The store has a very personal feel to it. They have some of the rarest fish in the world which are truly unbelievable. I highly recommend stopping in if you're ever in the Tampa Bay Area.
~Courtney

Matt67C10

AC Members
Aug 24, 2005
Slatington, PA
My personal favorite:

American Aquarioum and Pet Supply
3752 Suite A, Route 309
Orefield, PA 18069 (near Allentown, PA)
(610)395-6085
www.americanaquariumandpetsupply.com

Craig and Lee run a nice, small LFS. Nice selection of dry goods, great advice, changing selection of fresh, brackish and saltwater fish and live plants. They'll order anything you want.

Brett

AC Members
Dec 23, 2004
Jerseyville, IL
Jtm's Tropical Inc.
650 E Broadway
Alton, IL
(618) 462-1620

WhystleStop

Registered Member
Dec 20, 2006
How about for/near Oklahoma City, Oklahoma?

Wet Pets by Steve
804 N Porter Ave
Norman, OK 73071

(405) 701-5530

I have tried calling some of the places in Oklahoma City and only visited a couple, but this is the cleanest, neatest maintained LFS so far outside of PetSmarts and Petcos around. If I get their info, will post also.

They have what looks from the outside like a rather small operation but are very organized and well stocked inside. They are also expanding right now.

They presently carry the freshwater usual 'suspects,' a grouping of very healthy live aquatic plants (what I went for), live rock cured and uncured and saltwater fish. The saltwater area is expanding and they have a couple of really nice saltwater tanks up front.

A couple others:

Pet Smart
(405) 681-7693

1630 Sw 74th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73159

www.petsmart.com

Here is a tiny url of a link that has LOTS of OKC, OK info, including The Reef Shop, a REALLY NICE marine outfit that I love to visit:

OKCAquariums

Presently I have:

Eclipse System 3 -almost finished cycling

Flora:
Anacharis
Hornwort
Cabomba
Frill plant (myriophyllum simulans)

Fauna:
2 Fancy guppies, male and female (lost a female due to agression from other female so no replacements - have fry to cull anyway)
about 5-6 fry, one month old survivors of natural guppy cannibalism
White mystery snail
2 ghost shrimp
African dwarf frog

Would love to find local aquarium hobbyists in OKC to chat with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store