Looking for help sexing my Danios

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Maplesb

AC Members
Dec 22, 2020
Glad to hear the tank was cycled and the LFS required a sample before selling fish!

Your tank is approx. 21 Gallons and roughly 23"L x 12"W x 18"H for those of us in the U.S. I'll let others make some stocking recommendations for you.

I like the API Master Test kit which includes the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and low/high pH test vials and reagents.
Ah yes, sorry for the metric measurements, I'm UK based! Thank you for the testing recommendation, I'll check them out. ?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
No problem, I keep a converter app and calculator handy for figuring that stuff out. ;)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That's a small tank for danios & may make them more apt to jump. I think your plants will help with that a little bit. They can fit through pretty small spaces like where the filter return is.

I don't hate tests strips like many do. I've had very similar results using them & API liquid test kit. Keep the top on the bottle, no wet fingers. For extra cheapness you can cut the strips lengthwise ;)

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store