MA957 Milwaukee7 regulator busted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
bk, did exactly what you said and when i do everything it still shoots gas out of that area. Its def not the connection between the tank seal and the regulator. when i open up the tank as per the directions, both gauges jump as gas shoots out the side and then the low pressure gauge gets stuck at the high end. I have to then turn on the solenoid and open up the needle valve to release the pressure on the low pressure gauge.

This ssssssssuuuuuuuucks

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
im gonna bring the tank in to the welding supply store tomorrow, if they have a decent regulator im just gonna buy a new one. Only thing is that i doubt they will have bubble counters but im sure i can just buy one somewhere seperately.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
You can part out the milwaukee for the solenoid and bubble counter. Needle valve too.

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
247, so youre saying that those pieces can be removed from the unit and put on a new regulator? Is this easy to do? will a welding supply store do it for me?

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Im pretty sure they would. All those pieces screw together. If that seal isnt replaceable the body of it is.

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
debaric,

I know little about CO2 regulators for aquariums, but I know much about CO2 regulators for paintball.

What you're describing is a blown pressure seal. It's there to prevent damage to the system. These seals don't usually blow if the regulator was operating normally.

I suspect that the regulator is defective and will blow another seal, OR you may have blown the seal by opening the low pressure side too much.

Here's an easy way to blow one of those seals(there's more than one usually). You turn off the gas from the tank side. You then turn the regulator clockwise or counterclockwise thinking that you are "closing" the system. You were mistaken, and accidently opened the system all the way. You then replace the tank with a newly filled one, and open the gas from the tank side. The gauge blows on the low pressure, and so does the safety seal.

Either way you look at this, it'll be a lesson to be learned. It's either Milwaukee7's fault, or yours.

God luck on fixing it, and let us know what went wrong.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
The blown low pressure side gauge has nothing to do with the gas escaping from the pressure release valve. the low pressure gauge only goes up to 10 PSI, so if you open the regulator past the 10 PSI max of the gauge, you will break the gauge. (like twisting a speedometer off when you go 150 MPH, and the speedo only goes to 85 MPH...) The gauges are simply there to serve as a visual marker fo rus to adjust the regulator. without the gauges, the regulator would still work. the gauges really serve no necessary mechanical function...

In other words, fixing that gauge is not going to fix your leak issue.

sorry.

the relief valve is just a ball bearing and a sping...
it should be repairable.

debaric

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
N.J.
www.myspace.com
gotcha zigman, but wouldnt you say that the thing breaking after having it running for only one day is pretty effing scary?

Im going to order the rex grigg unit to give me more peace of mind

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store