Mafia 106: Pokemafia

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
*koff*

Well, things getting real finally. I have couple of questions.

Nepherael - what do you think about Dawg ?

Dawg - what do you think about Rich ?
I think Rich is very questionable right now. I would lean him to the scum side slightly but that is tough to say without knowing how nightfall plays out tonight.
So that's you saying you'll have to wait until tomorrow to know how you feel about Rich.

Further, Have you or have you not been saying repeatedly that there are only 2 scum ? which would necessarily mean that they can't win tonight even if the town gets the lynch wrong.

Sure. I'm putting words in your mouth.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
OK I was holding this back to think somewhat more on it, but it slots in neatly now.

Anyway :-

The bit in bold is the important part. The 'gift' is clearly always borne by a delibird.

Dawg for me is suggesting that the preliminary content of FF's 'gift' (delivered by a delibird) amplifies or makes more likely the connection made between me and the gift. But as per the set-up thread the gift is always presented by a delibird.

Moreover, as FF themselves pointed out, by no means am I the only poster who made reference to alcohol on Day 1. Dawg themselves was one of those who did. And Dawg's vote for me came double quick sharp after FF posted their analysis of the PM/gift, including pointing out that Dawg was one of the alco posters.

Mmmm.
Well it's ok that the delibird always brings the gift cause that's not the focus. The focus is the delibird's behavior. It was acting weird (possibly drunk) and it's behavior is needed as another clue combined with the pokemon it gave to FF otherwise all we would know os FF was gofted James's pokemon (and then I'd wonder why the heck it was given to FF) .

So I think you're trying to pull a bit away from the conclusion about alcohol by acting like the delibird shouldn't even be considered.

As far as I'm concerned FF was pretty dead on. I couldn't have been relied upon to draw that conclusion but it does make sense. The problem here is since the delibird was acting drunk do we draw that line directly to you for saying you actually were drunk or do we consider anyone that mentioned alcohol. Part of me says it should obviously be you because that clue feels very difficult to decipher to me so the answer should he a certainty but the other side of me thinks that offering certainties to the entire playing group in mafia isn't something that would ever happen so anyone who mentioned alcohol is suspect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using the MAN app!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Yes, I read over the text that seemed pertinent. Based on what he has said (and I've already said this) I could see his interpretation being correct. However, there are unknown possibilities as Pir is the only one with the complete picture as to what the clue means. I'm more inclined to believe it was referring to the James role but I'm no where near 100% sure that it points directly at Coler...which in no ways means I do not suspect him. In fact, I am fairly confident that we at least have a Coler-Neph team.
What ??

Where are you getting that from ?

What I'm seeing is that if someone tries to post to work the game out for the town, you and dawg resolve that they're a scum team.

You have no credible analysis that supports this, and the stuff Dawg has come out with is, frankly, odd.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Well it's ok that the delibird always brings the gift cause that's not the focus.
Sure - but Dawg, who is a self-confessed non-expert on pokemon was promoting the fact that it was a delibird as being somehow important due to a team rocket connection. That was at the least garbled.

So I think you're trying to pull a bit away from the conclusion about alcohol by acting like the delibird shouldn't even be considered.

Actually I've continually endorsed the importance of FF's PM and their analysis of it as being important, genuine, and likely to be correct.

dirtydawg10

Severum Mafia Don
Sep 5, 2005
Connecticut
Why do you keep changing the color of your text?
*koff*

So that's you saying you'll have to wait until tomorrow to know how you feel about Rich.

Further, Have you or have you not been saying repeatedly that there are only 2 scum ? which would necessarily mean that they can't win tonight even if the town gets the lynch wrong.

Sure. I'm putting words in your mouth.
No I said I feel Rich is scum but it is tough to say without knowing how nightfall plays out.

Yes I said I think there are two scum. No I DIDN'T say I think we could afford another nightfall of being wrong "before I try and work things out". You said that about me. That's called trying to put words in my mouth.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
I see something weird about the way Coler and Dawg are interacting. Just a constant back and forth. Maybe Coler and Dawg are scum? This probably isn't right but I still have a bad feeling about Dawg. Post #207 seemed a little out of place. Coler just seems to be posting to help the town, while dawg is accusing and basically posting to keep us off his backs.

With that, I vote to lynch dirtydawg10

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Why do you keep changing the color of your text?
Happens when I multi-quote stuff, then cut it, the multi-quote from other pages, then add my comments, then paste it. It's actually a known phenomenon in mafia games which I have played before. I prefer to just leave it than try and edit or what not. I think your question is fairly pointless but I hope that answers it.

I don't think I've put any words in your mouth at all I've just called you out on stuff.

It's midnight here so I am unlikely to be around for nightfall. I would like to put a bit of emphasis on this next point though.

Dawg is nailing me on FF's PM as being 'James'.

Going back to the ins and outs of the game set-up posts, on Dawg's own assertion that there are two scum, if that is correct then we are almost certainly playing a game without a 'James'.

I've been saying until I'm hoarse that we should presume that there are actually 3 scum including therefore a James. Which makes FF's analysis generally attractive, and applicable to this game. That analysis links the clue to the alcohol posters - one of whom is me - but I'm only one of them.

I'm going to have to vote within the next 20 minutes or so give or take and then I'm probably out of the thread for the night.

dirtydawg10

Severum Mafia Don
Sep 5, 2005
Connecticut
Happens when I multi-quote stuff, then cut it, the multi-quote from other pages, then add my comments, then paste it. It's actually a known phenomenon in mafia games which I have played before. I prefer to just leave it than try and edit or what not. I think your question is fairly pointless but I hope that answers it.
Because it's hard to read on the dark skin and unnecessary. Highlight your post and hit the button with the two A's and the red X and it will remove the formatted color making it appear white on a dark skin and black on a light skin.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Because it's hard to read on the dark skin and unnecessary. Highlight your post and hit the button with the two A's and the red X and it will remove the formatted color making it appear white on a dark skin and black on a light skin.
You know you can change it from the dark skin right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store