Mafia 78- The Gunslinger Returns...The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I am off to bed. I will probably be back Saturday afternoon.

Dagamoth

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Milford, OH
Real Name
Adam
I realize that as I went back to check. At the time I posted I had thought that you had already asked your questions and thought it odd he hedn't responded to them.

It has been a long day and I have reread the thread many times. I got a little fuzzy on what was posted when.
So as I was catching up on what I missed since this afternoon (had company over for dinner) I read the your post about my lacking content in two posts. Was about to immediately respond but kept reading and it seems like you guys figured it out.

Anyways I have been pondering the scum teams decision to make Wiz the first gunslinger and basically have come to the same conclusion as many of you. Wiz is very analytical and the more time he has to figure something out the greater the chance he'll figure it out. I completely understand not picking a noob to be the first slinger, I would bet that the mafia is hoping some noob will FF up their first game. So Wiz make sure you take that into consideration with your shots but still, noobs can be scum.

I was wondering about Ice not being the GS and then being the first to really get some discussion going. Ice would be a good pick for the first gunslinger for many the same reasons as Wiz. But taking into consideration the last GS game you guys played apparently Ice was a straight up baller when it came to shooting scum. So would the scum team want to give Ice another chance to shine or perhaps fall on his face, or is it that Ice couldn't be given the gun?

It certainly isn't enough to really start leaning one way or the other on Ice but that combined with the aggressive off the starting block questions it's something to think about. Right now way to early to tell and there isn't any condemning comments from Ice but I know that I will keep an eye out on him.

Well I'm gonna go grab a hot dog and then reread some of the thread to seem what else is worth commenting on.

Dagamoth

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Milford, OH
Real Name
Adam
I know that it is too early to be this easy, but I would like to know what the town thinks of the above responses and departure.
That does seem a bit sketchy to me, mostly the last part when he says he's going to bed but it's like 9pm. If he really does have to go somewhere at 5am I guess I could see 9pm bed time but personally if I hit the hay then I wake up two hours later feeling fully rested and then crash at like 4am. Really hard to base the truthfulness of his bed time comment on your own experiences so not sure if there is anything to gain by contemplating that.

The comment on mafia team picking the first GS out of a hat almost seems just too plain dumb. I don't know if that is scummy or if that is just FF'd.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Okay, I just got home from golf :)

SO my thoughts on this game so far.

FF's first couple of posts did seem a little bit weird but this is my first game with him and I've heard many of times that he likes to 'play' around so ima just going to leave it at that for now and moniter him.

Ice, you also stand out to me as being so helpful and jumping on everyone. But that could just be you helping the town. It could be viewed as two ways...You taking the lead and helping heaps or you could be scum and be pretending to take the 'lead'.

But it is still first day so all of these assumptions are still just ideas and attemps to help the town :) Wiz, I hope you make the right decision on who to shoot cause we need to get off to a good start.

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I was also wondering about Ice being so helpful.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
well, im back. Ima catch up, reread some stuff, and then make a post or 2.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Scary thought is he gets the gun if he is not scum.
Don't give the scum any ideas.

until I got the info of being gunslinger, I was going to suggest gunslinger shoot FF just because JL isn't here to do it. lol
Hey!

Arguing?? What games have you been playin?

Same thing I was thinking. Kash obviously stands out the most, although I think that fact alone makes it less likely.

As for who I think would pick you well, I'd have to go with....

FF
Ice
Jpap
Haydn
Chill
Tay
Rich
JB
Salt
Pir
Kash
Dag
LG
Jspigs

I believe ANY of the above would pick you. I also agree with the fact they wanted you out early. Which IMO doesn't shorten the list.
Way to narrow it down LG. I don't think there was a single helpful thing in there, but it sure looked "helpful"

Chill, why would you not check before bringing up UN?
OK, never mind....Wiz brought him up:)
Skimmer...

Knowing Wiz had limited time and not knowing when he would be able to show I decided to take the initiative and ask questions. I do think it would be better for him to ask his own and get his own answers from them but we only have 48 hrs before he needs to shoot. If he wasn't able to get to the site till tomorrow morning thats 12 wasted hours.
Makes sense to me.

I didn't think much of the 1st 2 posts until he all of a sudden took off. Usually he'd say why he had to be up at 5 and what not but no reason was given this time. Could be he really did need to go or he was afraid he slipped. To early to make any real judgement on the action but definitely a watchable offense.
I had to be up a 5 am because im going over my dads house because my moms going camping in Myrtle beach(the one whit the hurricane headed fer it) and needed to leave really early to meet her friend and drop me off cause my dad can't pick me up.

I think we should focus on making a list of a few people who we think could be mafia and then go from there.

Anyone else think rich might be mafia? I just think there is something about the way he is posting but I just can't put my finger on it. But I could be completely wrong.
Itsa little early for a list. What about Rich's posts seem scummy to you? (Ie: seems off, gut, facts,slips, ext...)

It wasn't so much that he said I, it was that he said I would....

If the question was who do you think then..... I would..... would have been ok to use but since I said who do we think.... players should have said, I think they would.....

I know it sounds confusing but I can't explain it any better.

I would hope that as many games as you guys had played that if innocent you'd know it could be a trap and see what becomes of it and only blow it up if evil but I guess we won't know which it is till later in the game.
Makes no sense at all... but im FF so i can't talk.

Well at this point that list would include everyone except Wiz.

No read on Rich yet but he is extremely difficult to read anyway.
hmmm, how does that help? Thats basically saying "Wiz, figure it out urselve" cept in a way that may seem helpful.

From 6 posts you already have a scum vibe from Rich?

It adds a bit of confusion to the mix to choose a new player and there is a really good chance they would take out another newer player or one that always looks scummy and put the gun into another player with a high risk of taking out an innocent.
It doesn't really matter how many vets are left. We only get 5 misses.
FF
Haydn
Salt
Pir
Jspigs

They each shoot each other its game over.
Now thats a scary thought...

I'm not saying its a line of thought. I was only explaining why I would possibly choose a new player as slinger.

We already know they didn't so yes its a moot discussion.
If itsa moot discution, why would you bring it up?

OK, I have been going back and forth from the begining of the game to the last post.

Not all players have posted yet which makes my job tougher. Next question for the town is,

This is Dag's total input to the game so far. Click the box by each quote and observe the time stamp of his posts. Thoughts?

I need to stretch my legs but will be back to recheck the thread for any input from the town.
Thoughts apon reading that: Wow, thats it?

Any more ideas anyone?
Aperently not :D

That does seem a bit sketchy to me, mostly the last part when he says he's going to bed but it's like 9pm. If he really does have to go somewhere at 5am I guess I could see 9pm bed time but personally if I hit the hay then I wake up two hours later feeling fully rested and then crash at like 4am. Really hard to base the truthfulness of his bed time comment on your own experiences so not sure if there is anything to gain by contemplating that.

The comment on mafia team picking the first GS out of a hat almost seems just too plain dumb. I don't know if that is scummy or if that is just FF'd.

I need my beauty sleep...

FF'd up. I wasn't thinking really hard on why, but who... and i pulled a blank on the who.

Okay, I just got home from golf :)

SO my thoughts on this game so far.

FF's first couple of posts did seem a little bit weird but this is my first game with him and I've heard many of times that he likes to 'play' around so ima just going to leave it at that for now and moniter him.

Ice, you also stand out to me as being so helpful and jumping on everyone. But that could just be you helping the town. It could be viewed as two ways...You taking the lead and helping heaps or you could be scum and be pretending to take the 'lead'.

But it is still first day so all of these assumptions are still just ideas and attemps to help the town :) Wiz, I hope you make the right decision on who to shoot cause we need to get off to a good start.
Why did you make note that you were attemting to help the town?

My thought on who is scummy... LG (didn't help, skimming), Ice(moot discution, overly helpful), Haydn24(pointing our helpfulness.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Lady G has been viewing a lot but hasn't posted much.
Yep, I was signed in and page open to the game. I also have 3 kids I have to take care of while playing. There will be lots of times my name shows, but I am not actually reading the game just have my browser open still.

Don't give the scum any ideas.

Hey!

Way to narrow it down LG. I don't think there was a single helpful thing in there, but it sure looked "helpful"

Skimmer...

Makes sense to me.

I had to be up a 5 am because im going over my dads house because my moms going camping in Myrtle beach(the one whit the hurricane headed fer it) and needed to leave really early to meet her friend and drop me off cause my dad can't pick me up.

Itsa little early for a list. What about Rich's posts seem scummy to you? (Ie: seems off, gut, facts,slips, ext...)

Makes no sense at all... but im FF so i can't talk.

hmmm, how does that help? Thats basically saying "Wiz, figure it out urselve" cept in a way that may seem helpful.

Now thats a scary thought...

If itsa moot discution, why would you bring it up?

Thoughts apon reading that: Wow, thats it?

Aperently not :D

[/U]

I need my beauty sleep...

FF'd up. I wasn't thinking really hard on why, but who... and i pulled a blank on the who.

Why did you make note that you were attemting to help the town?

My thought on who is scummy... LG (didn't help, skimming), Ice(moot discution, overly helpful), Haydn24(pointing our helpfulness.
And exactly HOW have you been helpful, at the point of the posts you have quoted...really wasn't much to go on. The question was who do you think would give the gun to Wizard, well IMO any one playing would.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com

I was thinking about the comment about picking a name out of a hat. Actually, right now for the first person it's not a "dumb" idea IMO...how much confusion would it of caused had they picked a newer player, quite a bit I think.
They picked a good vet though, which kinda points to the vets of the game..most of the newer players haven't really played with Wizard and only have last game to go on and he was Mafia that game.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store