Massive crystal red die-off :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
SORRY that i even thought....about that i don't care how long u have been keeping fish or inverts...sometime people can make mistake..and it seems something went wrong.And i thought this post was for answers to others ??????
No worries. People do make mistakes and weird stuff happens. You made good points and presented very good questions (I even checked my pipes to make sure they weren't copper). Sorry if my post came across wrong at all.

Draal5

AC Members
Apr 23, 2007
sorry to here the bad news.

are you using co2 in the tank? I had a co2 accident that killed my CRS and a few not all RCS.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
all but 8 of my reds passed to. Not sure why, my tank is pristine and all the tests came out perfect. just up and died :eek: I have 8 small ones, but there all males :(
I am sorry for your loss hon.

TLT

AC Members
May 6, 2008
I'm sorry to hear about your losses, msjinkzd! It's hard enough finding one dead shrimp, but I'm sure you'll be able to re-establish your colony in no time :)

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
wow, cant amagine that happend to you...sorry for your loss hope you work things out.....correct me if am wrong but dont crs prefare a ph below 7?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
are you using co2 in the tank
Nope

correct me if am wrong but dont crs prefare a ph below 7?
They do prefer softer water with a pH somewhere around 6-7ish. There are many reports of them being kept quite successfully at the range i have them though. And the majority of the ones I had purches were being kept in comparable conditions :( In an ideal world, I would yank out my eco-complete and shell out a ton of cash for ADA soil in order to lower my pH further, but I HAD been having no problems with them at all for months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store