Mbuna Vacation Pond (PS. Demasoni)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Click on the second photo and do a close up and you can see the Demasoni clearly..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The pond is looking great, Pitt! But, God bless the betta!!! :laugh:

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Pitt, so is this just a growout pond after all? I thought you were going to start out with adults of breeding age and finish the season with lots and lots of nice sellable fry. But this looks like you are starting out with fry instead. Did I miss a step in the concept, did you change the concept, or what am I missing here?

still a hell of a setup, and I Want One! just like it. figured it was too late to do the breeding thing this year as I still don't have the block and liner even. By the time I do it will be getting into high hot season and I feared winding up around mid-August with a very expensive boiled fish dinner.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey Xan yeah i tried to get bigger Demasoni but wasn't able to do so and i found someone who had 2" Demasoni for 3 bucks each couldn't turn them down and honestly in my past experience with Mbuna they will pack on size and color real quick in this pond due to insect life and extra feedings from me..

I will def keep this going and i will keep my adults at the end of the season which will be around the end of October we usually have around 7 to 8 months of warm weather here lately and in that time my Demasoni will be almost grown..

What i learned from Peacocks last season was that they grew very fast and their colors were amazing but didn't produce a huge load of fry i believe i pulled out about 20 to 30 fry last year which were auctioned off along with the parents..

Yep this is a grow out pond but i still like to watch them and really they have already grown since they have been in there for a few months we had a late colder season this year for some reason..

Yes do one of these if you can you will love it, when i first started this about 5 yrs ago i started out with rare Tetras and live bearers and made a killing on fry enough to pay for the pond over and over, one year did South American cichlids and didn't do so well also tried Gourami's they were ok..

Thanks buddy..

Efors believe it or not the Betta is doing nicely he swims the top portion and the Malawi's only come up for food..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Na i drain it down and remove all the rock and plants and with a huge net i get all the adults the hard part is catching fry..

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
O..M...G!!!!!

Pit your AWESOME, I love this....can I just come and live in your back yard for the summer?????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store