Molly white spot, melting fin

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BlackAndBlue

AC Members
Nov 15, 2020
On the orange one i can see a white spot on the tail and i think there is another smaller less noticable one above it? Maybe its from the aquarium glass but if its on the fish i dont really know what it is because its too big for an ich spot
The spot (that I think you mean) is on the glass. But do you maybe know something I can do to maybe boost their immune system just in case that they have some sort of illness? Because i personally think that (especially the golden dust) has a pretty... Let's say not so normal looking fin

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
Im no expert, but try to feed moderate quantities of nutritious and high quality food instead of a higher amount of stale food. A diverse diet would help as well, live food is the best in my experience because it doesn't lose any nutritional goodness because it doesn't go trough so many processes. Try to keep the water as clean.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Im no expert, but try to feed moderate quantities of nutritious and high quality food instead of a higher amount of stale food. A diverse diet would help as well, live food is the best in my experience because it doesn't lose any nutritional goodness because it doesn't go trough so many processes. Try to keep the water as clean.
I agree, feeding fish high quality foods like frozen daphnia, mysis and brine shrimp, mosquito larvae, bloodworms, blackworms and even cyclops will boost their health as well as provide them in proteins and fibres. Though, fish carry pathogens already from stores and infect other fish with these, many illnesses in fish seem to come out later and sooner in my experience.

BlackAndBlue

AC Members
Nov 15, 2020
Oh my god, sorry I totally forgot to replie because the last few days were just endless stress ? but thanks I will defenitely feed them more live or frozen food than I do now and hopefully they will get better. The golden dust molly looks the same, his fin is still ''melted'' but till now it didn't get any worse. The spot on the black molly also hasn't changed i think. It maybe even got less? But it's reaaally hard to tell so maybe it still is the same but defenitely not worse. Thank you!

Reactions: ConfusedCatfish

BlackAndBlue

AC Members
Nov 15, 2020
I agree, feeding fish high quality foods like frozen daphnia, mysis and brine shrimp, mosquito larvae, bloodworms, blackworms and even cyclops will boost their health as well as provide them in proteins and fibres. Though, fish carry pathogens already from stores and infect other fish with these, many illnesses in fish seem to come out later and sooner in my experience.
Thank you too! And yeah... I now denitely expected them to have some kind of illness.... Last week I went to the store and just looked at the fish for a few moments (I often do that even if I never buy any) and these puppies... Almost all of them had fin rot... It just hurt... But a guppie is less than 1 Euro and 50 cents so what exactly should I expect... That's the only store with fish in my surroundings.

ConfusedCatfish

AC Members
Nov 7, 2020
Thank you too! And yeah... I now denitely expected them to have some kind of illness.... Last week I went to the store and just looked at the fish for a few moments (I often do that even if I never buy any) and these puppies... Almost all of them had fin rot... It just hurt... But a guppie is less than 1 Euro and 50 cents so what exactly should I expect... That's the only store with fish in my surroundings.
Its because pet stores keep fish for money not pleasure and often they just kill the ill fish instead of wasting time and money to save it,which is very sad in my opinion. I got my neontetras with mouth fungus

Reactions: Sprinkle

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
But a guppie is less than 1 Euro and 50 cents so what exactly should I expect... That's the only store with fish in my surroundings.
Look in the local classifieds, supermarket, or post something yourself asking for guppies. They are about the most common pet fish, and everyone that keeps them mixed, has guppies to spare.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store