Monster Energy Drinks vs. Monster Fish Keepers...spread the word!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
"dogs Facebook"

??????? What ??????

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I dont want a facebook, but my brother did. My mom wouldnt let him make one for himself, so he made one for our dog. It is really all just family members. But my little bro made his own after my mom said he could, so I took over the dogs facebook so I could enter for rc and tech giveaways.

The videos above are good. I wonder when we will hit 5k.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Time to push for 10K!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Been away for a while. Signed the petiton and posted(tasteful) on their FB page.

What a bunch of idiots.......

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I dont want a facebook, but my brother did. My mom wouldnt let him make one for himself, so he made one for our dog. It is really all just family members. But my little bro made his own after my mom said he could, so I took over the dogs facebook so I could enter for rc and tech giveaways.

The videos above are good. I wonder when we will hit 5k.
Ok.......

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

foolishfish

Registered Fish Offender
Dec 10, 2008
Where the wild things are
This kind of crap gives me brain swell. Corporate lawyers... is there anything more scummy?So, here's a little Wiki on the enemy. Notice we're listed among the controversies, and that these prigs have a history of pulling this kind of crap. One interesting fact is the brewery that they sued. They dropped the case due to the bad PR that it engendered. What do ya say somebody that lives in that State getting in touch and seeing if we might partner with them to spread the bad word about the other monster. Maybe they might have some ideas that we could use to broaden the exposure of these scoundrels. I would also suggest letters and emails to each of their celebrity endorsers, including the NASCAR goofs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_EnergyActually, now that I've had a better look, the Vermonster brew - made by Rock Art Brewery - was sued because of their use of the word 'Monster', and the full beer name of Vermonster is shared by Ben & Jerry's sundae that has been around longer even than Monster Energy... sooooo, what if we might convince small business lovers Ben & Jerry's to help us out? They would technically have at least as strong a ground for suing Monster Energy as Monster Energy has for suing us, get it? It's a stretch, but ya never know. B&J make a big deal about supporting small farms and local businesses and pretending to be ethical gazillionaires, so why not call their bluff?http://www.energyfiend.com/poll-mon...n.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermonster_(beer)There's an interesting mention here of a new law that targets Trade Mark lawsuit abuse that may have some bearing. Sorry I don't have more time to follow this down the rabbit hole, but there may be a friend in the Senator's office that sponsored the bill.http://www.rockartbrewery.com/blogAlso, if Bud and or Coke distribute this crap, then add them to your list of rice beers and high fructose corn syrup engine degreasers that you won't be buying, and let them know about it. This little puke Hansen should be Voxed and hounded for the scumbag POS that he is.Somebody find out where this turd lives. I wanna drop a few Potomac River Snake Heads in his pool.

mdwalt1

AC Members
Jan 11, 2003
Texas Gulf Coast
Visit site
I agree that Monster Energy is extremely petty and there's no way anyone would confuse this aquarium forum with their energy drink. I doubt seriously that anyone would associate this monster with that one or even thin about one while using the other. The M logos aren't even remotely similar in style. It's ridiculous!

That said, I do think that the Monster Aquaria "M" is remarkably similar and could be considered an infringement on the Maxim magazine "M" logo. I even mentioned this to the mods of this site some years ago. Google "maxim logo" and you'll see what I mean. You may be shocked at the similarity.

No one probably cares, but I think the Monster Aquaria "M" is cheesy and needs to be changed. What better time than now... However, I did sign the petition.

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
That said, I do think that the Monster Aquaria "M" is remarkably similar and could be considered an infringement on the Maxim magazine "M" logo. I even mentioned this to the mods of this site some years ago. Google "maxim logo" and you'll see what I mean. You may be shocked at the similarity.
I'm certainly not shocked, and while the logos clearly share a couple of elements, they are not remarkably similar either. They have completely different typefaces, first off. The actual letter has horns and a tail for MAN, whereas Maxim has horns and a tail on the outer orb. They have completely different color schemes. The orbs are of a different style/opacity/shininess etc. There's no halo in MAN's logo.

The similarities are limited to both logos including horns and a tail (in MAN's case representing a "monster", and in Maxims case in cooperation with the additional halo being a naughty/nice thing), both logos being based on the letter M (almost any business/group who's name starts with M is going to use an M in, or just the letter M as their logo), and being inside an orb of some sort (again, a trait that thousands of logos share).

On top of that, the MAN logo is really all in the letter itself, and is perfectly capable of standing on it's own even without the surrounding orb, whereas the Maxim logo is entirely dependent on having the halo/horn orb, as it's nothing but a letter in a thin font otherwise.

I can see where you're coming from, but IMO it's a far cry from any sort of infringement.

the full beer name of Vermonster is shared by Ben & Jerry's sundae that has been around longer even than Monster Energy... sooooo, what if we might convince small business lovers Ben & Jerry's to help us out? They would technically have at least as strong a ground for suing Monster Energy as Monster Energy has for suing us, get it?
Fighting a frivolous law suit with another frivolous lawsuit isn't going to solve anything. There's nothing to be gained from sinking to their level, justifying their actions by condoning them ourselves. Not to mention the Ben & Jerry's case would only be potentially valid against Vermonster Beer, not Monster Energy Drink, and we certainly have nothing against Vermonster Beer or their manufacturing company, and could actually use them as an ally in this situation if they are willing.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store