moss balls?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
The point is that they starve the bag algae of needed nutrients keeping your tank algae free!
I guess I need more than 5 because I have an algae problem in my 75. In fact I have staghorn algae growing ON my moss balls.

Q

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
I guess I need more than 5 because I have an algae problem in my 75. In fact I have staghorn algae growing ON my moss balls.

Q
I dont have marimo balls but before I knew what I was doing with plants I had staghorn like crazy - and mostly in my moss. I assume it was like that since the moss seemed to catch a lot of debris.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
I used to have moss balls, and for some reason they died off..... I am guessing neglect of my tank when I wasn't really informed about tank care.

But in that time all fish survived, moss balls died, but the loaches loved to lie on top of the marimo balls.

I also seen moss balls that look like solid green balls, I guess to say. But my marimo balls looked exactly like algae on a ball. Dunno which one you have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store