Most aggressive cichlid.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
oh, sorry, tony. i wasnt' directing that at YOU, but *ahem ahem* he who shall remain nameless. should have made that clearer.

thanks again for the support :) Good folks like you are what make AC tolerable these days.

as for my studies, I'm just trying to make the world a better place. i think there are still enough good people in it to make it a worthy pursuit. altho with some people, it's obviously a lost cause. but for those who will listen, i would like to think i have a lot to offer.

thanks again!

Last edited:

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
:bowing: Gotcha!! I too try to remain optomistic but the realist in me & the time I've spent traveling & observing life on this third planet from the sun (40+ yrs.) leads me to focus my energies on trying to help those who really WANT help. KEEP :read: :clap: :clap:

managuay86

New World Cichlid Keeper
Sep 13, 2005
San Diego, California
this is not the thread for the damsel/cichlid thing its about aggressive cichlids if you have complaints please address them to MY thread thank you :D

gtp

AC Members
Jul 9, 2006
I understand the thrill of seeing agressive cichlids fight but I also understand the fishes needs.

I often keep species that have not been remotely recommended together - but only if there is relative harmony.
I do not let my fish tear into eachother all day, like some people do.

In my opinion the most aggressive member of the Cichlidae family by far and away is the Tilapia Buterkoferii.

Jacksup

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2011
Why is everyone assuming he's stressing fish out and fighting them?

Aggressive fish are just fun to take care of and watch. For instance convicts will chase eachother around all day regardless of what size of tank you have and they are pretty small as far as cichlids go.

I like Oscars because on top of being eating machines they will also bit you if you annoy them enough. Mine bites me when ever I clean his tank.

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
Why is everyone assuming he's stressing fish out and fighting them?

Aggressive fish are just fun to take care of and watch. For instance convicts will chase eachother around all day regardless of what size of tank you have and they are pretty small as far as cichlids go.

I like Oscars because on top of being eating machines they will also bit you if you annoy them enough. Mine bites me when ever I clean his tank.
Your first post is in reply to a five (5) year old thread? Gravedigging in the extreme... Nice. :rolleyes:

ChileRelleno

500+ jumps-n-counting,SKYDIVE!
Feb 10, 2005
Mobile, AL
You should be walking away from replying to people's five yr'ol postings....

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store