FS Msjinkzd's Sale Thread- Shipping or pick-up, PA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Me too! I was pretty sad. But all is well so far.

laurabb

AC Members
Jan 7, 2007
I am having good luck getting them to eat zucchini spears and they pick at kens veggie sticks. No other prepared foods have been accepted and I haven't really tried other veggies since they like the zucchini so much.
I just adore the nerite I got from you a while back! I'm also concerned about not having enough algae for him, so I'd like to supplement. Do you blanche and peel your zucchini? If so, for how long do you blanche? I've tried blanched zucchini slices a couple of times, but I don't think he's gone for it.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I cut it like a pickle spear and for the nerites, microwave it for about 30 seconds. I do not peel it as they will eat the skin as well. Sometimes they don't graze on it until its been in the tank for several hours to overnight (as it continues to soften) though they all do eat it. They also seem to graze on teh ken's veggie sticks, but they do not eat them as well as the zucchini.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
What is the story with the Mini snails? How mini are they? Is there a different name for them? Do they stay small?

bettabrat

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
CT
What is the story with the Mini snails? How mini are they? Is there a different name for them? Do they stay small?
I was wondering this myself.

I can't wait until you get some more stock in. I'm really interested in those rabbit snails after seeing the post about Malone and his new friend.

On a side note I now have yellow shrimp babies, blue/black shrimp babies, and RCS babies you have the best inverts! :thm:

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
The mini snails are about pea-sized to almost dime-sized. I am not sure of there exact species but was told they are like hornless clithon coronas. to me, they more resemble olive nerites but with lots of different colors and very small houndstooth patterning to some striping. After I get back from vacation, I will pull them out and take some shots to give a better idea of the range and their size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store