Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I am an old hippie. I have one device for being online, my PC. It doubles as my music player and has a nice set of speakers incl. a bass. I use youtube for music, So full concerts work great when I am playing online poker or working on tanks in the room with the PC. Plua you tube is free and has a lot of lives performances.

Audio today is too sterile for my taste. The "noise" on vinyl and from tube amplifiers actually added to the sound. But I am prejusiced because I made concert volume sound in the 70s. I used to have a ton of cassette tapes for the car, but once thet went to CDs and beyond the tapes were useless.

I like cream with my coffee. Turn up the volume and enjoy;

If you have not been drinking coffee maybe you have been drinking a

And for a finale

How can you have a finale and then not have an encore

Reactions: dudley

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I listened to JJ Cale and Leon Russell in your clip while I was online yesterday viewing various forums and thoroughly enjoyed the listen.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I consider myself having come of age in what I consider to be the two greatest music eras in the last 100 years or so. One was the big band era and the second was the transformation in the music business that occurred in the mid 1960s through the the 70s. I was not around for the big band era but I made it through the 60s. So for a little time travel......

Gotta like this one, it mentions fish

And this one uses clips from old B%W films. I will not ad,it to how many of them I recognize- Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplain, W.C. Fields and many more. In the early days of TV there was a dearth of programming. So they ran tons of old movies and I watched them all. I have even seen a lot of the old silents.

" A slapstick train ride featuring the greatest comedians from the Golden Age of Comedy - set to the pulsating rhythms of the Glenn Miller Orchestra "

Apr 2, 2002
New York
A Happy New Year To All

I love it when I happen upon a gem because I was listening/watching something else.................

Its only 18:22 long. About 3 songs worth....... play it in 720p

Ry Cooder The Concert for New Orleans

Marcha Johnson 11 months ago
Irma Thomas, Buckwheat Zydeco, Lenny Kravitz + Ry Cooder- wow!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Now this is an amazing find, imo. It's a betamax recording, all 1:41:16, of

JJ Cale and Friends at The Roxy - Wash DC 10-22-86 - 2nd Show

The vid is poor, the sound is OK. The concert is pretty amazing. We are so lucky that somebody managed to preserve it.

I am sitting here listening to it at about the 60 minte mark grinning like a little kid......

Reactions: Sprinkle
Apr 2, 2002
New York
This is again why I love youtube for music. Same song performed by different styled bands over the 50 years from 1969 to 2019. And I did not include the version by the gent who wrote it. Which version do you like the best. I cannot decide.

From 1969

From 1995

From 2002

From 2016

From 2019

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Well my advice is to keep life as funky as possible.

I am still trying to decide. But I did really like the Madeleine Peyroux version.

Here is the thing, The gent who wrote this song made major contributions to music from which all of us know at least one song I would bet. His name was Allen Toussaint.

Here is Allen performing one his songs with Bonnie. how could I resist.

Here is his induction into the Rock & Roll HOF by Robbie Robertson of The Band.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store