Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I chose these songs because I like them and perhaps folks may not have seen these vids/versions.

Yest it the Beatles, but it is an unusual video considering it was made on the 60s.

This is a lady who died too young from cancer. She was an excellent singer/musician. Her career began in 1986 and she passed away just over 10 years later.

And finally a revisit of the outfit that created the very first vid in the thread. Playing for Change.
Playing For Change is a multimedia music project, co-founded in 2002 by American music engineer/producer Mark Johnson and film producer/philanthropist Whitney Kroenke. Playing For Change also created a separate non-profit organization called the Playing For Change Foundation, which builds music and art schools for children around the world.....
Producers Johnson and Enzo Buono traveled around the world to places including New Orleans, Barcelona, South Africa, India, Nepal, the Middle East and Ireland. Using mobile recording equipment, the duo recorded local musicians performing the same song, interpreted in their own style.
from Wiki

You can visit the Playing for Change site here https://playingforchange.com/

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Today I take a short break from the regular lineup to dedicate these tunes to Ms. Daisy Tattoo:

From the original film-

Get well soon

I am sure you have a good orthopedist/foot doctor, but you can probably use one of these too.....

Reactions: DaisyTattoo
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Joe Walsh has been around a long time. He is about a year older than I am and a much better guitarist too. (Don't ask as I don't play the guitar. :p ) His first major band was the James Gang and this was their first big hit which he co-wrote.

He also played with another very well known group, The Eagles. This is one of their best known tunes.

He may be best know for this tune. I chose a version that was not played by any of thealbuns/singles he was on, but I think it is as good a version as I have heard,
The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get is the second studio album by the American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Joe Walsh. The album was released in 1973, on the label ABC-Dunhill in the United States, and United Kingdom, and it was also released on MCA Records in Germany. It proved to be his commercial breakthrough, largely on the strength of the Top 40 hit single, "Rocky Mountain Way", which helped propel the album into the Top 10.
from Wiki

Last edited:

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
TTA: lmao!!!! That’s too funny! Thank you lol! Yeah I’m doing pretty good except for jumping out of bed this morning, forgetting I have a 15lb cast on my foot. Then when I felt searing pain I realized I wasn’t supposed to be standing on it. That and my blind dog walking behind me when I’m on my scooter and ramming my toes. Otherwise, I’m great! Much better than expected!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
There is no theme to how I picked these tunes except they fit the time period of late 60s and early 70s.

From 1967-

From 1972

Released 1/1/72

Reactions: dudley
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Soon it will be fall, so I thought it would be nice to celebrate summer and sunny weather.

From1966

From 1964

From01967

From 1966

Apr 2, 2002
New York
We got hit by lightning- it fried one cable box, one TV and iur internet router, so I have been offline for a while.

Lets get in the wayback machine and look into the 1950s and very early 60s again.

From 1955

From 1958

From 1960

OK, I led, this one is from the 1940s. The video is great but the music for the dancing was not what you hear playing. Shades of, "Let's all get up and dance to a song That was a hit before your mother was born."

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I am sure most of you are familiar with The Who. But I wonder how many may have heard one of their earliest albums, "The Who Sell Out" from 1967. It would be wrong not to offer up the whole album. Enjoy.....

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Where were you and what were you listening to in 1970/71?

Have you seen the documentary re the Festival Express? I saw this band for the first time with it's original members in July 1971 at the Yale Bowl.

All the good ones die too young. Plus it is more great slide guitar and one of my favorite tunes recorded live in 1971.

Finally, how about a one hit wonder? (I cheated a bit as this came out in late 69 but sold and got played a ton in 1970.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Dang- somehow I double linked the same song- lets fix that.

As long as I have to make a new post....

From 1970

OK, another cheat, but again great talent and a great tune From 1969 (that is almost 1970 :p ).

Reactions: dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store