Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Well Dang- do not tap your feet, do not turn up the volume, do not play the rest of the songs listed in this post. I mean this guy is dead so why bother......

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Its rare I post again so quickly and even moreso that I post the same artist again. But here is why I am doing so. I sent the link for Rhythm Bone to one of my partners in the sound company in the 197os. Today he is a leading attorney in Delaware and I regularly visit several times a year. He send me the following email back:
Search for JJ Cale and Leon Russell on You Tube-1979. Amazing recording in Leon Russell’s Paradise Studios in LA.
So here it is. I am listening to it now.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
The vid is poor quality,
The sound is not great, but
The music is amazing.

Now for a quick ride in the time machine back to 1960

Apr 2, 2002
New York
It has been a while since I posted in this thread. I just stumbled onto this:
Duane Allman & Eric Clapton 1970 - Studio Jams 1 thu 6

Published on Nov 20, 2011
Never officially released bootleg.

Notes: Tom Dowd is responsible for introducing Duane Allman and Eric Clapton. In 1970, Dowd was in the middle of recording the Allman Brother's second album, Idlewild South , when Eric's manager (Robert Stigwood) called to tell Tom that Eric would like to bring his new band, Derek and the Dominos, to Criteria Studios in Miami, Florida to record with him.

Tom later recounted the phone call that began it all. Now when the call came I was in the studio with Duane. I said, Hey, that's a hot one, kid! That was Eric Clapton's management talking about him coming here to record. Allman looks at me and goes You mean the guy from Cream? Do you think he'd mind if I just came to watch. I told him, no problem.

Eric and the rest of the Dominos arrived at Criteria Studios in late August. During the first week, most of the studio time was spent jamming and piecing together new songs. (Taken from whereseric.com).

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Folks should study up on the relationship of Clapton and the Beatles, including Clapton marrying Harrison's ex-wife. Blind Faith was an outstanding group, and Clapton was internal part of many of the Beatle's songs.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
From 1972

From 1976- Manhattan Transfer (bet you never heard of these folks).

Reactions: dudley
Apr 2, 2002
New York
One of the best album sides ever recorded

And because its neat to watch and necause it shows how the Beatles music can inspire one...

Apr 2, 2002
New York
A legendary American Picker. I had the joy of doing the sound for a concert with Doc and Merle Watson.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store