Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Faster and with Billy?

Go ahead, dance for a few to this.......

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
LOL, Bob, how fun! & I believe you lived in a small town. I may have seen them at a local free concert too, just another pretty good MI band, there were several...not even including all of the Motown sounds. Mitch Ryder, MC 5, Rare Earth, Grand Funk Railroad, Tommy James come to mind.

Did you drive to Ann Arbor & Detroit to see bands? I lived in a college town (MSU) & cool bigger bands did the Detroit to Chicago run. A good time to grow up! But I'm younger than you...

& now to TTA's Billy Strings...

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Wow, that brought back childhood memories of my grandpappy playing fiddle & harmonica...& I noticed the social distancing. Billy looks even younger than in other vids but he must not be I think. Fun stuff!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Afrer stumbling upon that first vid from 2020, I started to hunt for more. He is all over Youtube. I have been able to track the growth of his hair and the addition of tattoos from the vids.

from 2013

from 2014

from 2016

from 2019

Mar. 2021- interview

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
LOL, Bob, how fun! & I believe you lived in a small town. I may have seen them at a local free concert too, just another pretty good MI band, there were several...not even including all of the Motown sounds. Mitch Ryder, MC 5, Rare Earth, Grand Funk Railroad, Tommy James come to mind.

Did you drive to Ann Arbor & Detroit to see bands? I lived in a college town (MSU) & cool bigger bands did the Detroit to Chicago run. A good time to grow up! But I'm younger than you...

& now to TTA's Billy Strings...
Mitch, MC 5, Dukes, James all often played small towns around Detroit, Ann Arbor, saline and Toledo in the 60’s.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm giving ladies a pass for now, cooking dinner, maybe later!

Billy Strings is from Lansing, MI, my families' nextdoor "adopted" hometown (I lived in E.L., the college town, Lansing is the capitol). 2 of my bro's friends worked at Elderly Instruments as in the first vid. Very cool!

I danced to Mitch & a bit to Billy, 1 Ryder song to go but I'm running out of steam...

As always, fun stuff TTA!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
OK, I liked the first ladies song...the others not as much...too folky/pop...that's why we love our mutual music so often...You know I will only tell you the truth as I see it TTA, but we have a big overlap. Fun music! I expect no less from you!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
My fav was "All about the bass." While I was born in the late 40s, I am still a fan of the big band era. But my tastes are pretty eclectic. I can find blues, rock, motown, R&B, big band, blue grass and country tunes I like. I also like New Orleans jazz and even some gospel. I am not real big on classical or opera. Here are two vids I stumbled upon recently.

Here is the original Little Feat- only 4 members and they would change their bass player and add another guitar and a percussionist soon after.

This one really surprised me, it has way over 240 million views- and I had never heard of them before I found this from 2016

And that reminded me of this

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store