Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Mas? Por supesto....

more fun, Iko iko

(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay feat. Jack Johnson | Otis Redding 50th Anniversary

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I have this CD. When driving i often out this pair of tunes on repeat and turn it up. Makes time and me fly....

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I saw Bonnie at the Shaboo Inn in the early 107-s. It could have been this show or maybe it was a year or two earlier. The next intersting thing is out sound company did a series of gigs with another band on the Shaboo schedule below- The Rhinestones (formerly the Fabulous Rhinestones). The roadie was like me and my business partner from back then. I was 5'5" , he was about 5'9" and the roadies was between the two of us height-wise.

I was pretty strong for a small person and my partner had been a gymnast and was built like a brick s..t-house and strong. But the roadie put us both to shame. The keyboard player for the band play a Hammond C3 organ with a Leslie speaker. The organ weighed about 300lbs. When we were packing up our stuff after pone gig so was was the roadie packing the band's equipment. We watched him pick up the C3 and put it in the back of the van on his own.

Those were some fun days. I must say we were an excellent sound company and we got to work with some great acts.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
We lost another of the great ones today.

The origins of rock and roll are complex. Rock and roll emerged as a defined musical style in the United States in the early to mid-1950s. It derived most directly from the rhythm and blues music of the 1940s, which itself developed from earlier blues, the beat-heavy jump blues, boogie woogie, up-tempo jazz, and swing music. It was also influenced by gospel, country and western, and traditional folk music.[1] Rock and roll in turn provided the main basis for the music that, since the mid-1960s, has been generally known simply as rock music.
I saw him live in central park nyc in the late 1960s. He opened for Jimi Hendrix.

I was 10 years old when this was filmed

The Rock Hall Jam Band 1986

Apr 2, 2002
New York
The Real Million Dollar Quartet-

"Million Dollar Quartet" is a recording of an impromptu jam session involving Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash made on December 4, 1956, at the Sun Record Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. An article about the session was published in the Memphis Press-Scimitar under the title "Million Dollar Quartet". The recording was first released in Europe in 1981 as The Million Dollar Quartet with 17 tracks. A few years later more tracks were discovered and released as The Complete Million Dollar Session. In 1990, the recordings were released in the United States as Elvis Presley - The Million Dollar Quartet. This session is considered a seminal moment in rock and roll.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Finally found this. Insanely great. (TheYoutube link is at the bottom.) Play it in 1080p!!!!!!!

Mad Dogs & Englishmen is a live album by Joe Cocker, released in 1970.......

2005 deluxe edition
The two-disc deluxe edition expanded and re-sequenced the order of the original album to more closely reflect the actual order of the songs' presentation in concert. Introductions from the original album were matched with their corresponding songs, with about an hour of additional content, including songs with lead vocals performed by Leon Russell, Don Preston and Claudia Lennear as noted above. The new edition also added previously-released Cocker covers such as "Darling Be Home Soon", "Something" and "With a Little Help from My Friends".

Four bonus tracks that were not recorded in concert were included. One was a rehearsal jam. The single ("The Letter/"Space Captain"), recorded during rehearsals on a sound stage, that was released to coincide with the tour was also included. "The Ballad of Mad Dogs and Englishmen" was recorded by Russell later in 1970 and released on his Leon Russell and the Shelter People album in 1971.

Disc one
No.TitleWriter(s)Length
1."Honky Tonk Women"4:57
2."She Came in Through the Bathroom Window"3:18
3."The Weight"Robbie Robertson5:57
4."Sticks and Stones"2:46
5."Bird On the Wire"6:31
6."Cry Me a River"4:05
7."Superstar"4:59
8."Feelin' Alright"5:47
9."Something"George Harrison5:33
10."Darling Be Home Soon"John Sebastian5:47
11."Let It Be" (lead vocal by Claudia Lennear)Lennon, McCartney3:40
12."Further Up the Road" (lead vocal by Don Preston)Joe Medwick, Don Robey4:00

Disc two
No.TitleWriter(s)Length
13."Let's Go Get Stoned"8:05
14."Space Captain"5:20
15."Hummingbird" (lead vocal by Russell)Russell4:08
16."Dixie Lullaby" (lead vocal by Russell)Russell, Chris Stainton2:58
17."The Letter"4:33
18."Delta Lady"7:03
19."Give Peace a Chance"4:46
20."Blue Medley"
  • a. "I'll Drown in My Own Tears"
  • b. "When Something Is Wrong with My Baby"
  • c. "I've Been Loving You Too Long"
12:37
21."With a Little Help From My Friends"Lennon, McCartney8:40
22."Girl From the North Country"2:45
23."Warm Up Jam Including "Under My Thumb""Jagger, Richards5:45
24."The Letter" (single version)4:10
25."Space Captain" (single version)4:29
26."The Ballad of Mad Dogs and Englishmen" (lead vocal by Russell; studio recording)Russell3:59

Enjoy

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store