My 125 Gallon set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Thanks.. The stand is all red oak, beleive it ot not, and I stained it with Minwax ebony. Its got about 6 coats of crystal clear polyurethane on it. The doors are actually galvanized sheet metal, I took a grinder to them and swirled a pattern in the metal removong the galvanize. They I sprayed them with clear enamel (didnt wanna take the chance of spraying them with polyurethane and having it yellow out). I am going to put an eclipse 12 in the space between the two cabinet doors...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looking good!

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
UPDATE

So i re plumbed most everything, added the fill valve and drain, re plumbed the fill line to bypass the water softener, then added the lights. There is a 6' compact flourescent fixture in the canopy with 2 34" 96 watt 6700K bulbs.. This thing lights up mu whole home office, my neighbor thought a UFO crash landed here yesterday... I also added 2 LED light Pucks... Got them from menards for $20.. Thought they would make a pretty cool moonlight simulator.. I tried to take some PIX.. Let me know what ya think.. Tanks only has water right now...

The LEDs are not as bright as they look in the picture.. also only the LEDs turned on in the 2nd picture...

PIC00002.JPG PIC00006.JPG

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
I can fill or completely drain this tank in about 20 minutes.. the whole setup actually worked out better than I had hoped! Fill water is "injected into the output from the filter, thus (hopefully) mixing the temperatures so there shouldnt be any drastic temperature changes...

charlie4486

Charlie Murphy!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
that's awesome. can't wait to see some fish in there.

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Thought I'd update with an "under the hood" shot at the lighting...

there are 2 34" 96 Watt 6700K bulbs in the fixture, and 2 LED puck lights.. Might add 2 more pucks... We'll see how it goes.

Hopefully the fat man in the red suit, you know the one with the friggin reindeers, is good to me this year....can get this thing livin..
Lost my job a while back, and now money's a little tight..

Will the PC's be enough light for a planted tank? Its 24" deep.. They are 6700k Ultra daylights...

PIC00001.JPG PIC00003.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store