My 125 Gallon set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Black Background...

So I'm settin here lookin at the wall behind my tank, and decided I wanted a black background. Was going to paint it, but since I own a sign shop, I decided to vinyl over it..I can remove it later too.. Here are the pix...

My RO system finally arrived, as did my heaters, and I bought 75# of gravel, and some driftwood.
I'll be workin on this soon, Look for more updates!

PIC00007.JPG PIC00008.JPG PIC00009.JPG PIC00010.JPG PIC00011.JPG

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
Sweet, love the stand, the plumbing is great, and great idea or the background. I can't wait to see what else your going to do with it.

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
More work to do...

Another pic of the background...
And, I re plumbed the fill line again, now I have 2, one for RO water, and another straight from the tap. See the 2 blue valves on the back wall of the pic below. I can top the tank with straight tap water, or all RO water, or a mixture of both...
now I have all of the other stuff shown below to install.. Still need some rocks, and would like more driftwood. Still hafta get a storage tank for the ro'd water too.

PIC00014.JPG PIC00012.JPG PIC00013.JPG

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Well, Whaddya think?

Can you even see my heaters?

There are 3 of them in there, all set at 86 degrees for discus..

150# of substrate. it is darker than it looks in the pix..

I need more driftwood, and tons of plants. Should I bother with any eco complete type substrate? there is none in the tank..

Please share your thoughts. :headbang2:

Thanks!

PIC00016.JPG PIC00015.JPG PIC00018.JPG PIC00019.JPG PIC00020.JPG PIC00021.JPG

Last edited:

bluerat

im a girl ... not a dude
Oct 7, 2006
hampshire, uk
keep the updates coming

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
So I'm settin here lookin at the wall behind my tank, and decided I wanted a black background. Was going to paint it, but since I own a sign shop, I decided to vinyl over it..I can remove it later too.. Here are the pix...

This is 3m 7125 2 mil cast sign vinyl, It is normally used for vehicle graphics and signs. For me it was cheaper, and easier than using paint.

BTW I used 150# of substrate. Bags were 50#, I thought they were 25#

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Filter set up

Loaded the trays in my Fluval FX5.

Took it apart, and was suprised to see it full of rust, My water has so much iron in it, it is unbeleiveable, anyway, i rinsed everything off as best I could, and loaded the trays. I am really unsure of this, so please let me know if I did this correctly..

Tray #1, Just activated carbon, I am going to take this out in a month or so, and replace it with biomax.

tray#2, A finishing pad, and 2 boxes of biomax, still room for more too, need about 4 more boxes...

Tray #3, This just has 2 finishing pads.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!

PIC00022.JPG

svf

Jul 14, 2006
Falls Church, VA
www.madoboe.com
Real Name
Susan
Camera Used
My cell phone.
Amazing! I am loving this thread!!!! I especially love the galvanized steel doors with the designs - in the very first pic, I thought they looked like frosted glass.
I am assuming that you will be moving your RTS, Pleco and Barbs to this tank when you get it cycled. Why don't you use your 10 gallon as the quarantine? Just a thought. ;)

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
RO System

So I temporaraly set up the Reverse osmosis system. I just want to see some water in the tank.

The RO will be stored in a 309 gan holding tank in the basement. I have everything set up and finally got the leaks fixed. I'm going to let this flow, and see how muck water I have in the tanks after work tomorrow... Yeah, I said work, I finally am starting my new job.. Maybe I'll have some money to get some fish now!!

PIC00024.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store