My 20 gallon setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zzyzx85

the casual hobbyist
Dec 3, 2007
OC, CA
little photo update

A few weeks have passed and some more improvements.

Ordered new bulbs and got 10000K bulbs. Really bright white. A lot of glare from the lights in the last shot.

Picked up a Fluval 205 filter.

The order of Xmas moss came in from AquaticMagic so I made a moss wall last Friday (9/5). Starting to see a few tips stick out. Lets see how long it takes to fill in.

I got some more java moss and flame moss from ImAGman this Tuesday so I'm trying to make flame moss patches.

Took out the Hagen CO2 ladder and put the CO2 into the filter intake.

Those hygros took off in growth, especially the green and willowleaf. I had to trim the green and move them.

Hahaha, I kinda wished I had a bigger tank so I can put more stuff in and do more with it, but it would require more work. Oh well, this'll do for now.

DSC_1615.JPG DSC_1616.JPG DSC_1618.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A great update. Very nice looking!

zzyzx85

the casual hobbyist
Dec 3, 2007
OC, CA
Almost a month since my last pictures.

Plants have grown in, except the rotala. I think I'm going to move that somewhere else. But clado has started growing...again. I can't seem to find a way to permanently get rid of it but so I guess I'll live with it. It does make it look more natural...in a way.

Moss wall...**** DG keeps plucking out the strands that grow out. Oh well, it'll keep growing.

I'll have a 10G started up pretty soon so I'm thinking of moving the smaller piece of driftwood into that, which would open up a lot more room.

Suggestions?

DSC_1825.JPG DSC_1826.JPG

zzyzx85

the casual hobbyist
Dec 3, 2007
OC, CA
~2 month update/ 1 year Anniversary

I'm pretty much set with this tank now. Pretty much no more space for anything.

Overstocked on fish now, plants covering pretty much everywhere in the tank, moved the driftwood that was laying down so now it's standing up against the glass so it made room for the rotalas.

Waiting for winter break so I can set up a simple 10g low light tank in my room so I can take the DG out of the semi-S.A. themed tank.

Oh, and November is the one year anniversary for me and this tank. It's been trouble a few times but it was a year of learning.

taken with my mom's new canon SD790IS in Aquarium mode. I want to take a few with my D70 for comparison.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store