My 29G FOWLR Pics and Phases

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
So currently I have no top on my tank, and none of my current 3 fish have shown any sign of jumping or anything and they all seem very happy. In the future I was looking into getting some or a fish that may jump, like the purple firefish.-- any ideas on what to do for my hood, the last one I had doesn't really fit anymore with my lights on it. I have heard glass will block out alot of the light but acrilic will block out alot less. Would it be a good idea to get acrilic and cut it so it would fit my tank? If so where could I get some, do they sell it at normal stores like lowes and stuff? Any other ideas? Thanks a ton!!!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
So right now I have 1 firefish, 1 scooter blenny and 1 bi-color angelfish in my tank. All seem perfectly heatlthy at this point and so I just hope it stays that way. I got a glass covering for the firefish so I hope it doesn't really affect the coral though it shouldn't because it doesn't require very intense lighting as it is.

I'm thinking in the future it would be really really awesome to get a gold striped maroon clown but I'll think about it and I won't be doing anything new for a while since I just got the bi color angel.

Heres some pics of the new fish and the tank as a whole!

Bi-color angel 057.JPG Bi-color angel 031.JPG Bi-color angel 036.JPG Bi-color angel 064.JPG Bi-color angel 044.JPG

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
Thanks!-- I went to petco today and they had dottyback psudocromis's for $8. I couldn't resist so I bought one although they were all very small so I hope he lives-- and I also hope he's not agressive towards my firefish-- he seems to of taken a liking and hiding to the opposite side of the tank so thats good and he's to small to do anything now but hopefully he doesn't get more agressive when he gets bigger. All else is doing great in my tank!!!-- though I have alot of hair diaton looking algea-- any ideas???? I think I need more hermits!!!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I would make fixing your cyano (red slime algae in the pictures) problem a #1 priority. You have something wrong with your setup, ie, waterchanges with bad water, not enough water changes, overfeeding, too little flow, any or all of those could cause cyano outbreaks. One of those things we all go through and learn how to fix and come out better for it in the end. I would definately recommend adding another powerhead to the other side of the tank. Also take the tip off of the koralia you currently have to give a more broad flow. Just suggestions. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store