My 30 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jrawebb83

AC Members
Jul 5, 2009
Florida
I just read through this entire thread

but that last post was a BUZZKILL! haha what a build up!!

Tragic to hear though.. hope you get it all up and running asap!
x2
I just read the whole thing too.
Serious buzzkill.
Great tanks though!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
To everybody saying this was a buzzkill:

In about 3 months, it won't be.
I have found my own place with me and my dad and I will be moving there in early June. I put all of my fish equipment including my favorite pieces of driftwood in a box and I have sent it to my dad's apartment where I will be living shortly. However, I do not have this 6 sided tank, and I have left all 6 others back in Oregon and it is very doubtful I will be getting those again. (two 10s, three 20s, this one, and a 55.) I will get a 55 or 40 gallon tank and basically replicate the community tank that I've made last year. BTW, that biotope idea still interests me, but if anything, it will be an amazonian biotope.

You'll be seeing a build thread from the ground up in about a month's time. :)

aquascaper93

Registered Member
Jun 9, 2009
CA
he great to hear u are going to be starting up again I have the same tank (flat back hexagon 35 gal) it is actually set up as my angelfish biotope it is for a pair of angelfish unfortunaly the only pic i have is when it was dirty and the stupid glare from the flash
Photo0512.jpg

Photo0512.jpg

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
I really like the new 55 amazon tank. Lets see some more of that. And maybe an update or two on the 30 gal?:D

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Sorry buddy, I move last year and left all the tanks at home. No updates to show. Another buzzkill, I know. But I am currently working on a flow tank to hold some Hillstream Loaches, I should have it ready by next month. :)

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Wow! you're good at DIY :) just read this in one and i am amazed by your work. Gutted that the tanks wont be happening but be sure to give updates on the new one :D

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Guess who's back? Back again!

Heres whats been happening:
I moved from Ohio to the Dallas area in Texas over the summer. Now I'm living in an apartment smaller than what I'm used to, and since you can't really ship fishtanks, I left them all at home in storage. I wanted to set up this tank again a long time ago, but we couldn't really use the money on such a thing yet, so I just waited. Instead, I focused more on my recently discovered hobby for running. I joined the cross country team at my high school and will be in Track in the spring. Last week, we finally bought a little table suitable to support a 29 gallon tank, and since I shipped ALL my equipment with me, I cold now start my long-awaited project again.

I plan on making a 29 gallon South American biotope with Cardinal tetras, Hatchetfish, a German Blue Ram, a couple Otos, and some Cherry shrimp thrown in. It is currently empty except for the washed sand in it, and the back is painted black too. In the next week or so I will be constructing an oak canopy similar to the one I built for this tank. It will be the same with four 27 watt 6700K fluorescent lights DIY wired, providing me with 3.1 WPG.

I'll try to get pictures of my progress.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Dang, I am so sorry to make a deal and not follow through. I did end up setting up a 29 gallon South American biotope that I kept up for the last two years only there won't be any pictures of it unfortunately as I am no longer home. In August of last year, I joined the Navy after graduating high school. There's pretty much no way to maintain a fishtank for the first 4 years of a Naval career, so the only aquarium I'll be seeing is the one I still have at home that is being maintained by my sister when I visit.

It was cool going through this thread and seeing how my favorite tank I've ever had has progressed. I hope to one day get back into this amazing hobby.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
We all disappear now and then, at least you had a really good reason. Looking through this post make me want to dig my flat back hex outta storage something awful! But I am trying to control myself at 2 tanks not 9 again! lol Congrats and good luck with the Navy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store