My 30 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gladImNotaFrog

Registered Member
Dec 27, 2008
nice job on the remake. I made a terrarium out of a 55 gal. acrylic. I built a 6" high partition in the center to separate the land side from the water side and it turned out much uglier than the job you did. It doesn't matter, you can't notice it unless you were analyzing my workmanship.

arachnar

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
That is one great tank, looks far larger than just 29 gallons, great job. Especially like the DIY lighting probably get way more light and spent less money for them.

tekonus

...meh?
Nov 20, 2008
Long Island, NY
Fantastic job, the tank looks brand new, and I even like the custom little topper you made with the angle cuts. It gave me an idea to possibly do something similar when I finally decide to upgrade from low-light plants so I can buy a better lighting setup.

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I did a huge trim and took out a couple plant species out from this tank: (Not a good picture I know.)

Aside from the Anubias, all the plants are found in Asia. This is the first step to turn this tank into an Asian Biotope tank with Asian plants and Cherry barbs, Khuli Loaches, Harlequin Rasboras, maybe a SAE, and a Pearl Gourami. (I'm keeping the ADFs in this because they have nowhere else to go.) The second step will be to move all the fish that are not from Asia out of this tank.

Wondering where the non-Asian fish will go and the other plants went? Say hello to my 55 gallon Amazon Biotope tank:

I've been building the canopy for it for the past 2 weeks and today, I installed the main lights and transferred the Amazonian plants here.All I have to do is buy a 200W heater and I can start adding fish.

Ezekielz

AC Members
Dec 8, 2008
So Cal
Simply gorgeous! Nicely done with both of your tanks!

Btw- in your 55 gallon what kind of plant is that one down the center floating and almost reaching the substrate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store