my 450 gallon...the rise and fall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

elementkid65

gill-less
Jul 3, 2007
where ever i am
thats so bad :-(
really nice while it lasted.
arrgggh and the petshop saying that, arggh kill them
i hope you got the claim.

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
thanks. i appreciate everybodies compliments. the pet shop is the same one that got busted for frying someones dog while grooming it a while back, so they are dishonest (even though my friend was very close with the owner). nothing i can do...the insurance companies fight. i got the claim but the headache was just terrible.

shaggbark

The rare and Elusive....Ninja Cod
Feb 12, 2007
Hopewell Jct. NY
Wow beautiful set up. Sorry that happened to you, this is the kind of thing that keeps me up at night. I love that sailfin!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
thanks. i had 3 but they didnt stop fighting. also i had to do a 200 gallon water change every week just to keep their waste from accumulating. now my biggest pleco is a 6 inch bristlenose. although, my friend is holding onto the largest one for when i start up my next tank. he is around 26 inches now.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
As much as I love big tanks and would love to have one I just can't imagine going through what you went through. Sheesh.

Q

Edit: And I thought it sucked when my 20 sprung a leak.

bethkira2000

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maine
That was an awesome asortment of fish, and I loved the look of the tank overall. I am so sorry to hear about all the damage. Hope all goes well for you now.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
thanks. i had 3 but they didnt stop fighting. also i had to do a 200 gallon water change every week just to keep their waste from accumulating. now my biggest pleco is a 6 inch bristlenose. although, my friend is holding onto the largest one for when i start up my next tank. he is around 26 inches now.
LOL 200 water change weekly thats funny lol How much was your water bill?

AnDr3w

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
That's a shame. It was a really nice looking tank. It's sad that it broke. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
Scary. I know what kind of damage was caused by a mere 10-20 gallons. My hardwood floors are just now lying flat again (4 months later). I can't imagine 100's!

OhNo123

AC Members
May 20, 2007
Oh! That pet shop that fryed a dog.. It was on the news a while back! I remember watching it. Poor dog. :(

Hope you get everything back together!

I also want to know how much your water bill is? I change around 5g a week and I get yelled at for using too much water lol..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store