my betta only eats blood worms??? is that cool?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
If he won't eat the peas, you may want to try some garlic extract on them. Or you could stuff peas with bloodworms ;)

jenazen69

AC Members
Jun 19, 2004
buffalo, NY
msn.com
yep looks like your betta sees sucker written on your forehead. If he's hungry he will eat anything. try agitating the surface of the water when you give him the flake food. It may make it fall in a more life like live food manner.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I don't think that a bloodworm-only diet is healthy for your betta long term. As I understand it, this can cause a betta to become bloated/constipated.
:iagree:

I had exactly that happen with one of my bettas after being too generous with bloodworms. If the betta in the original post isn't eating, try not feeding him for 2-3 days and then giving him something else. He should be hungry enough by that time to try anything. I vary my betta's diet between Hikari Betta Bio-Gold, HBH Betta Bites, Omega One betta flakes, and bloodworms. He eats it all happily. A nuked, mashed pea once a week (just a bit, not the whole pea) is good for him, too. :thm:

AtlantisTreasur

AC Members
May 24, 2009
they get better nutrition if you feed them other stuff as well. they need fiber and vitamis. my betta won't eat fish flakes so i give him pellets. so if you haven't you should try and see if he will eat flakes or pellets. there is a website that i found on google, i'm not sure what it is, but it tells of people food that is god for a balanced diet in bettas

AngeTheDude

AC Members
May 22, 2009
Bettas are like little kids, or dogs. They won't starve themselves. Just feed him what you want him to eat until he eats it. My Betta is acting like this right now as well. I never thought a fish could be spoiled! So yeah, just keep giving him the flakes until he gives in, if not, send him up to his room with NO SUPPER!

Temeraire

Betta Owner
Jan 6, 2009
My betta will eat whatever I put in the tank if he is physically capable of doing so. The only way I can target feed my snail is by giving it certain vegetables. Even then he tried to eat the florets off of broccoli and I had to start cutting those off. I've tried using snail jello and he just kept eating it and I'm sure if I hadn't removed it he'd have eaten himself to death.

When he was new he would only turn something down once, he'd make a mess by biting pieces and blowing them around the tank. The next time I put that thing in again he'd just eat it. Sometimes I worry he's going to outcompete my corys for even the food I put in for them, but they seem to be doing fine somehow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store