My Craigslist Find

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Still a lot of sanding and filling holes and stuff to do but it's coming along.
004 - Copy.JPG
A close up of the detail in the trim.
003.JPG
This is the ledge that sits on the very top, I wanted a table top look but still wanted to hide the ugly aquarium trim.
008.JPG
And I included a picture of my Sunset Rainbows in case nobody has seen them before I guess they are really rare, I am lucky to have a rainbowfish breeder near me and he has tons of stuff I have never seen for sale. The scientific name is Melanotaenia Parva.
132.JPG

132.JPG 003.JPG 004 - Copy.JPG 008.JPG

Last edited:

bigwave

AC Members
Jan 23, 2008
Wow, everything looks really nice. That white stain looks is cool on the stand. Those rainbows are really good looking fish also!

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
I was going to post up some pictures after the second and final coat but the color didn't change much, just better coverage more uniform color. That and I used the left over stain to stain the inside of the stand, the back is pine and the 2x4's don't stain well but it's the inside so I didn't care much. But I will post up more pictures when the clear coats of varnish are together. Then some final shots with the fish swimming around inside.

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
You are quite the handyman. Great work with the stand -- it looks very stunning. I absolutely adore the detail you added to the edges -- very crafty, you are. Please keep us updated on this beautiful work of art. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store