My Craigslist Find

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Awesome makeover of the stand, tank look great too. Any chance of getting some of those rainbows shipped?

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
Because it will then be wet. I haven't figured out how to make the wood levitate while it is drying yet. In seriousness I thought of different crazy ways of preventing it from touching anything while it dried.I just figured I would wait and do them one at a time. It was easier that way.
Fully realizing that the deed is done. You could have put one hing screw in and hung it. Also 4 brads through a board setting the inside of the door on them after coating and then coating the front. Or 2 brads through the bottom one through the top so you can lean it.
When I did my mahogany front door I put a lag in the top and bottom of the door and put that on sawhorses so I could turn it easily and get raking light while I was at it. (Raking light: Light hitting at an angle to the surface so you can see the wet areas better) Of course this was a full size door not a cabinet. I got the door and both sidelights done in 3 days instead of six.

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Good advice graphics, I thought of doing that and just figured the doors didn't need to be done to setup the stand, just to make it look nice so I took my time.

Todd, he is a older retired guy who breeds them. I don't know how much he is willing to ship but I can email him. I guess I could always buy some from him and then ship them out, but I haven't shipped anything before. If you are really interested let me know what species you are interested in and I can see if he breeds them. I know he breeds a lot, and when I say a lot I mean a lot.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Actually almost disgusting that the stand looks so good. I have 10 tanks in my basement sitting on whatever will hold them, whether metal or cabinet stands or a random old desk or table that happens to be a suitable size. Almost nothing matches
I'm looking at/for the M. parva, thinking they'd be good dithers for a my African cichlids. I found some listed on aquabid, but the seller is in HI and I'm on the East coast. Would prefer someone closer if possible. I ship fish out all the time, have supplies on hand if you need anything. Rainbows aren't spiney like catfish or cichlids, single breather bags would work for them. I use polyfilter to absorb ammonia in transit. As long as the temps aren't below 60 they should be fine w/out a heat pack.

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Here are some finished pictures. I still need the plants to fill in some and I want to get a couple more background plants.

You might be able to tell the right door is lighter, it's more obvious in the picture then real life because it's a dark basement. I had to have a really long shutter to make everything come out clear. As you can tell by the tank shots that have the rainbowfish looking like ghosts with a clearish trail everywhere the swam while the picture was being taken.

If I ever bring it upstairs in a bright room I will probably add a coat to the right door so they match.

006.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
Gorgeous!! Fabulous job!! :)

oops... sorry for the double post. :headshake2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store