My first 29gal Fowlr

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BToast

AC Members
Jan 6, 2008
Orange County,CA
Your params look good. Just be sure to keep up on a regular water change schedule. I think Ace pretty much covered it all. Running phosban in the canister is fine, I do it from time to time. If you have to move that frogspawn to get the flow on that algae, don't hesitate. Or get that nano. Good flow is very important! Cut that lighting down to a minimum, like 5-6 hours. Your corals will be fine, and it will slow the algae down.
As for the temp, 81 is'nt a big deal. Even more important is to keep temp swings down to a minimum. A bit high or low is'nt a big deal when it's consistant, just gives you less room for error. Better to be on the low end, as higher temps will kill fish faster.
In regards to feeding, better to feed your fish numerous small amounts of food throughout the day. This is more natural, as wild fish eat all day. In my opinion, a small feeding in the morning may be far to little. Don't skip days between feeding, the idea is to promote good health of your fish, and malnutrition will hurt their imune system. Also, mix up thier diet, variety will greatly improve thier overall diet.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Today I removed as much cyano and GHA as I could by hand and moved the nano down to hit that "dead spot". Let's see what happens next...

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
The cyano is slowly coming back not nearly as fast as it did last time, tomorrow I'll do my weekly water change and scrub down the tank again. Other than that the tank hasn't changed, and everything is alive and well. Oh and the Seaclone skimmer has stopped picking up skim it probably needs to be adjusted yet again:wall:

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
I haven't forgot about this thread, not much has been going on with the tank so I haven't felt a need to update until now. Cyano is mostly gone only comes back very slowly in light little patches, green hair algae is doing great though:swear:. Fishes and corals are alive and well, my orange zoas gained two more polyps, but they're in a hard to take a photo of spot. Also there's two new additions as of tuesday.:)

Now onto some pictures.

First up... FTS

New coral (Devils Hand)

This picture kind of shows the colors a little better but not 100%

Yay! Coraline on something other than rocks

And my new little buddy who's very camera shy

Now just random pictures

Anyone know what kind of macro algae this is?

And finally this is how much hair algae I removed from the tank today

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Look who decided to come out as I was posting!

Making sure the coast is clear

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Thanks, so far I'm still happy I decided to go SW, theres nothing like having a piece of the ocean in your room.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store