My goldfish is pooping A LOT. No, like, really, A LOT.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Did a big water change last night and siphoned out every little piece of yuck I could find (including a rotting crab/crayfish claw?!?! Sometimes I wonder about what exactly the previous owner had in there....). Just finished my tests, and ammonia is reading zero, nitrite 0, nitrates 20, pH 7.5. This is the first time my water has been acceptable in a long time (thanks to the unknown chloramine). WOOHOO GUYS!!!!!! You all may have converted me to Prime forever.
YAY!!!! And Prime rocks my friggen socks off! :D

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
Just thought you all might want an update (if my 5 zillion other threads haven't been enough, lol). Pooping is down to a normal and acceptable level...well until today when I gave them cucumber, but that's just cause they're piggies, lol. They now get a varied diet of API pellets, peas, algae sheets, and cucumber, along with daphnia once in a while. I'm going to hopefully be trying homemade gel food soon (PM me if you have any recipes!!!). Water levels are still looking good, and I'll be doing a water change Saturday, and dosing with Prime again. I LOVE THAT STUFF! lol. Poop strings are at a minimum in the tank thanks to a daily turkey baster-ing (a tip from platytudes that works WONDERS!). Goldfish are happy and healthy and swimming around and digging in the sand and loving life, which makes this fishy mama happy. :) My birthday is next Tuesday, and I get to pick out new fish, so they will hopefully get some friends soon. :D I'll also be adding some new mystery snails to the tank in a while, thanks to Jamie Monster, once I've snail-proofed. That's about all. Thanks everyone for your patience and help with this thread, and all my threads...I really appreciate it!!!!! :)

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
Well they are healthy and happy. The poop wasn't stringy, just long. Other than that it was healthy poop. They found lots of little things to eat and pooped a lot, is all. Everyone is thriving, along with the two new additions since this thread started. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store