My L-144 Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
The small female that I had that died was always very pale too. My others have a very nice yellow color. I think I've only got the 1 male. His bristles are looking really nice. :) I'll see if I can get some pictures soon.

Jetajockey I'm not sure what those are that you have, but they're very nice. I love the pattern on them. :D

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok let me jump back in here lol. My stock list as far as L-144's is...

2 LF 1 male 1 female both from melli (sp?)
2 SF 1 male 1 female both from Debbi
2 baby's

The other SF female passed away shortly after me posting bout getting the trio and the LF baby from Debbi passed away last week I think due to it not being able to compete against the adults for food and due to a drastic WC.

The 2 babies are not a purchase but rather 2 of 4 babies I found in the tank which I never placed there. My L-144's mated and I didnt even know sadly I think most of them got sucked into the filter. I got only 2 left since the other two passed away. The 2 remaining look pretty nice. Hope they make it. Keeping an eye out to see if or when these pleco's breed again.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok Ive updated this on my Fish Page but not here. I lost my long finned male most likely do to aggression from the SF male. All others are still alive and well. I got some pics ill post here of the 3 Adults no pics still of the 2 babies.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Those are some great pics Ger. I'll try to post some of my pics today...

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Looking forward to seeing those pics james. Also thanks for the compliments bout my pics. Those were easy shots to take. They finally didnt hide from the lens well not as much as normal i mean lol.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Here are some of my L-144's:

Male:

Females:

Here's the tank I keep the male and one of the females in:

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
What size tank is that? I think im going to do a driftwood theme with all my tanks. I dont like messing with the plants. Im prob gonna get rid of all the anubias I have and java fern.

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
That's a 55 gallon tank.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh thought it was i big tank but wasnt sure if the pic was just making a 10gal look like a 55 lol. Nice setup bro. What else you got in there besides the L144's?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store