my maroon clowns won't stop fighting! help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
What my big concerne would be is that they we're both female. If they have changed gender to female I don't think that it's possible for one of them to go back to being male. How long was your clown alone and how big are they?

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fraser: maroon clowns are more aggressive to begin with, but are they "fighting" in or around an anemonie or out in open water? If they are fighting in the anem...it is usually just the dominance dance and not much to worry about--except for the anem. From time-to-time the clowns can become a bit aggressive and end up killing the anem. I have a pair that fought for days in the anem and ended up kiling the sebae. I have another anem that was in the tank that they have left alone. They fought for a week and I thought for sure they were going to kill each other, and they had been together for some time and the anem brought out the worst in them. They are back to best buds...but one has obviously taken on being the female and is larger.

It is a bit un-nerving, but hand in there and they will get through it. If they fight in open water I would be concerned....IMO. And by fighting in open water I mean not leaving eachother alone at all....just constant badgering. If it is limited contact, not to worry.

Let us know how they are getting along.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
What my big concerne would be is that they we're both female. If they have changed gender to female I don't think that it's possible for one of them to go back to being male. How long was your clown alone and how big are they?
According to research, no, its not possible for one to change back to male after the first change. Usually, in this scenario, it will cause aggression between the two females and issues ensue..

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store