My planted aquarium 20G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
At a quick guess, the issue is your water level.

Water from your filter will force floating plants under water because of the height of the 'waterfall'.

This will submerge floating plants, keep them from the CO2 they need, and they die.

Having a barrier to keep them from this water may help, or just add water to the top of the tank
your guess is wrong, the pictures were taken in the middle of a water change hence the low level

Here is a sword for small tanks. I started mine in a 50 gal highlight about 18+ years ago. It made babies. I moved one to a 20L then upgraded the tanks to a 29. I still have it. The 50 was repurposed abput 9 or 10 years ago. I know nothing about this site, so you may want to search the plant on Google to find other places to get it.
https://aquariumplants.com/sword-amazon-compacta-echinodorus-bleheri-compacta/
it is hard to pick a specific plant when LFSs staff don't know what they sell. I don't remember which one but i do remember i once bought a plant because LFS said it was one i wanted only to later find out it wasn't

I still appreciate your help, and definitely will be on the look out for this amazon campacta

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
My guess, without reading all 5 pages, is salvinia is a pretty heavy feeder. My nitrate level is too low & my surface is too active for it to grow well. It slowly dies out, I've tried it at least 2 or 3 times. Same with red root floaters. Duckweed however is happy as all get out, sniffle.

Chain swords are not the same as "dwarf" swords...that's probably why they're a different genus these days

gabbymadisson

AC Members
Aug 23, 2021
fertilizers that i'm using:

Aqueon aquarium plant food, dosage: 20ml /week (10ml twice per week).
Seachem Fluorish Excel, dosage: <5ml /day (i only have a cap that goes every 5 ml)
I think most tropical fishes requires 75F or 24C, I read that paradise fishes could handle 68F or 20C, any other tropical could handle 68F on long term? Native N American fishes, Minnows and gold fishes are cold water fishes, so of course they could. Any cichlids? what about the gouramis since paradise could? I am wondering if frontosa could as they are deep water fishes in their habitat?

Thanks for helping.
i COULD USE THAT ,, THANK U

melbeans29

Registered Member
Jul 20, 2023
That's what I have also , plus I have that blue green algae, I was told that it was not an algae but a bacteria. So how do you get rid of it before it totally overtakes my 30 gallon planted tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store