My Rabbit and Nerites From MsJ!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
You will probably have to do that anyway. I wasn't sure how much I would like them....but Malone looks pretty cool so I think I will have to get him/her a partner. I have to change the tank a bit first though. Get some more Sulawesi friendly things in it.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Happy to hear you found Malone! Doesn't it drive you crazy trying to figure out where he's been hiding?

madfox

Mad as in angry or just plain NUTS?
Nov 28, 2008
Just west of Saratoga Springs, NY
Yay! Glad your rabbit popped back out of the hat! :lol2: One of the zebra nerites I got today did a disappearing act on me, too. Found him under the riccia mat I have being held down with netting and stones! Phew!

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Just an update. Malone cruised the early morning and found wafers and pellets to eat, now nowhere to be found again. I can only assume that it does bury itself. I added some anubias to the tank today to give Malone some shady spots. I am on the lookout for some wood for that tank as I have read they like it. I have read that they like leaves on the substrate. But what kind?

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
An update on Malone the Rabbit Snail.

I added a piece of driftwood and some anubias to Malone's tank. This morning, rather than burying itself, Malone is basking under the broad leaves. So I would not add this snail to a high light tank unless there is alot of broad leafed plants and shady areas for it.

I target fed Malone with an algae wafer, ken's calcium rich pellet, and snail jello. Given the choice, Malone went for the jello first and then the pellet. He/she left the wafer alone.

None of my plants have been even nibbled on as far as I can tell thus far.

I have read that shrimp and fish may bother this type of snail. The ember tetras don't seem to bother him/her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store