my stock lists

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JiddleFish

AC Members
Aug 4, 2010
Hey guys.. so the tanks are all cycled now, and have their fish in them. Omega helped me with the 55 gallon selection and it looks great, and all is going well.. today i did the 10 gallon with the assistance of my friend at the store... Here is the lists. What do you think?

55 Gallon:

7 ghost catfish
3 albino corydoras
3 gold gouramis
2 moonlight gouramis
2 opaline gouramis
2 red-eye swordtails, paired
5 kuhli loaches
2 pictus catfish
1 male bristlenose pleco

10 Gallon

1 betta male
3 guppies (the ones with the flourescent tails)
1 aquatic dwarf frog
3 black mollies

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
I'm concerned about the black mollies because they grow a bit too big for a ten-gallon and your soft acidic water, with tannins from the driftwood, isn't the best for them either. I believe they do best with a pH of 7 and up.

JiddleFish

AC Members
Aug 4, 2010
I'm concerned about the black mollies because they grow a bit too big for a ten-gallon and your soft acidic water, with tannins from the driftwood, isn't the best for them either. I believe they do best with a pH of 7 and up.
should I move them into the 55 gallon and put the sword tails in the 10?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Hey guys.. so the tanks are all cycled now, and have their fish in them. Omega helped me with the 55 gallon selection and it looks great, and all is going well.. today i did the 10 gallon with the assistance of my friend at the store... Here is the lists. What do you think?

55 Gallon:

7 ghost catfish
3 albino corydorasShould be in a group of at least 5-6
3 gold gouramis
2 moonlight gouramis
2 opaline gouramisI'm concerned with all the Trichogaster spp. that your tank will end up being a war zone
2 red-eye swordtails, pairedI find livebearers to do best with more females per male. That way she isn't being constantly harassed since they don't form "true" pairs.
5 kuhli loaches
2 pictus catfishLarge mouth could spell trouble
1 male bristlenose pleco

10 Gallon

1 betta male
3 guppies (the ones with the flourescent tails)Keep an eye on how the betta responds.
1 aquatic dwarf frog
3 black molliesNeed more space than 10 gallons IMHO. Could act up soon.
My thoughts are in red

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
You gonna change up the fish in your 55, so I'd probably put the mollies in there. Better have an overstocked 55 than an overstocked 10. A 55 is probably more stable.

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
I have a good idea, why don't we both go back there tomorrow and take the mollies back? I'm not sure why they're telling people ten gallons is OK. Maybe they don't realize they grow. Silly fish store sales people.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
My thoughts are in red
:iagree: very much. I'm also worried about the number of gourami and having the pictus (smaller fish may disappear overnight - how big are your cories & kuhlis? :eek:).

Your betta may attack your male guppies due to the flashy fins...

Good idea to return the mollies... And please get that female swordtail a sister to help distract the male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store