my stock lists

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
Kuhlis+pictus=less hungry pictus

Plague

O.o
Aug 4, 2010
Miami, Fl
Don't forget the pictus catfish each grow to 6" and can potentially eat anything it fits in it's mouth. Kuhlis and pictus doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Have you done a wide search of fish you'd like? A lot of people like Green blue rams for their bright colors.

On a side note, I didn't know you can have multiple gourami's in the same tank. I thought doing so would result in a huge war.

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
On a side note, I didn't know you can have multiple gourami's in the same tank. I thought doing so would result in a huge war.
Moonlights are generally fairly peaceful. Three spots (the other 5 are all three spot variants) are less so. 5 is definitely too many for a 55 without even considering the moonlights

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
Pictus catfish grow to around 5" and kuhli loaches 4"

They won't at any point be big enough to fit in their mouths.

Last edited:

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
Jiddle, are any kuhlis missing from your tank? I think they're safe but we should keep an eye on them anyway. If we have to they can be moved to the ten-gallon until they're bigger.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
It's not so much length as girth... Lots of carnivorous catfish have been spotted with tails hanging out of their mouths.

I love pictus because of their whiskers... Which is what marks them as predators, especially efficient at night when most fish are asleep. Dead body to scavenge... Sleepy fish not moving away fast enough... Same thing. *gulp*

JiddleFish

AC Members
Aug 4, 2010
I watch these fish alot, and in all honesty, I have yet to see any aggression with the gouramis. They were in tanks together at the store, and Omega and i made a point of picking the ones that seemed really dosile. And so far so good. I havent seen any problems. Not to say that it cant happen...?? I dont have a lot of experience at all in this.. Ive been relying on you guys and Omega.

Omega, the khulis are all scattered, but they are there. In fact, they eat off those larger sized disc treats that we bought, at the same time as the catfish with no issues. The catfish tend to stay with the ghost fish the most, and kinda just roam around. There so beautiful... I love watching them

in the 10 gallon, the mae betta doesnt seem to mind the guppies at all.. He almost seems kinda shy, except for when he sees his reflection. lol. He just stays to himself for now anyways.

I will continue to watch these tanks carefully, and make sure to do lots of water changes, and feed the bottom dwellers at night time and watch them interact. If i see anything that stands out as odd, I will go from there and do what I have to do.

Im sure i will end up doing another tank in my basement when i get that finished, and I can move some fish if need be???

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
LOL, I had a dream you went back to that fish store can came back with two or three selving units with various tanks, all stocked with fish, even some frogs and newts. And I'm like, "What the heck are you doing?" Then you're all like, "What? They said I could have them!"

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
Here's a photo of a small albino pair of bristlenoses in my planet tank several year back Jiddle. I don't know if you ever saw them. I ended up selling that tank to a school classroom with them in it. I miss them!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store