My tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Your purple plant/alga/moss is very cute! Slow growing is a plus to me, I hadn't heard of it before. I miss my plant club, lol.

Wow, that's quite the plant & fish lists Noodle. But that's over several tanks I know. I had (have?) crypt. usteriana (I called it used to be, lol. It came back to life after a few MIA years!) but it never made it as tall as yours. But you're much better at ferts & lighting than I am. So was the woman I got it from & different water chemistry.

Thanks for always being willing to share info, that's how we all learn new stuff. I appreciate it! & all your typing efforts, I hope at least most was cut & paste, lol.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Your purple plant/alga/moss is very cute! Slow growing is a plus to me, I hadn't heard of it before. I miss my plant club, lol.

Wow, that's quite the plant & fish lists Noodle. But that's over several tanks I know. I had (have?) crypt. usteriana (I called it used to be, lol. It came back to life after a few MIA years!) but it never made it as tall as yours. But you're much better at ferts & lighting than I am. So was the woman I got it from & different water chemistry.

Thanks for always being willing to share info, that's how we all learn new stuff. I appreciate it! & all your typing efforts, I hope at least most was cut & paste, lol.
I keep a list saved of the plants and fish for my own records. Makes it easier to adjust as it grows or changes.

But yes all in different tanks. Though bulk of the plants are in the 1 55g since it's my most heavily planted tank lol

As for that moss, I've read some complaints from some who have had it because it has a habit of latching onto things. I'm trying to grow out a small portion as well for another local. Just have to be patient haha

I lack a green thumb with land plants. Can barely keep much alive. But found aquatic plants do very well for me, I may or may not have gone too far with that hahahaha but I love plants, so this is the only "gardening" I can actually enjoy with success. And I love different plants.

Also a nice bonus to get to know different stuff, grow enough of it that I can turn around and share with others in the hobby too. A lot of my plants have been acquired through plant exchanges with other locals too. I'll trade them some extra and I get some of their extras in return.

Some plants I've had no success with, others tons. I still can't keep water wisteria or water sprite alive. Oh well lol.

(As for typing, I like to write fiction so I am used to typing long stuff. Doesn't take super long at all).

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Oh! And the specs for this tank with the heck ton of plants:

55 gallon volume
48"x12.5"×21.5"
Fluval Fx4 canister filter on max output (high flow tank)
Nicrew SkyLED Plus led lighting set on max whiteness, blue light dimmed down to about 6 or 7 out of 10.
Light schedule is 3pm to 8pm every day. (6hours)
Plant Guy's Aqua Vitae All in One fertilizer 6mL 3 times a week
No CO2
Hitop 300w heater, temps 76F
GH 129ppm
KH 90ppm
pH 7
75-90% water change every week.
Alltreat Farms all purpose sand substrate.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
1 woman's weed is another keepers not so much plant, lol. Thanks for your parameters again on this tank.

I love giving/trading plants, fish & equipment when I can...not so much lately...ya know covid times = no meets :( for now...

Reactions: NoodleCats

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Flamingo is one of those few exceptions.

In the best conditions, that plant is flaming pink haha

Low tech is where it's a little trickier, but seeing others plants with it in low tech, it's still pretty distinctive over petchii pink. Which, never gets as intense pink as flamingo even in the best conditions. Low tech can get confused, but ive found that it lacks the central dark stripe that Low tech flamingo tends to have.
In my high tech tank it is dead pink (it has a strong light) but if it gets shaded the leaves will go from lying flat to pointed straight up and start to get a touch of green; then if i clear the stuff above it it will revert to dead pink and lying flat. Plants do talk ! The one in my low tech tank has a lot more green but it at least did split into two plants (or sent out a new plant) and that one has a lot more pink.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Never ending trimming with this tank.
Asian 20g (the garra are growing out in this one for now)
20211202_012735.jpg
Stock on this one sits:
7 cherry barbs
7 purple harlequin rasboras
20 pangio loaches

The 2 Garra cambodgiensis temporarily

Reactions: dudley

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name