Name that one fish that you totally regret getting...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
This thread is removing all desire for me to expand beyond the peaceful aquarium.
If this thread proves anything, it is that any fish can be bad for various reasons. Think just about everything has been listed from peaceful to aggressive. :rofl:

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Guppies. They are wonderful fish and I do love watching them but in every batch I buy a few always die. Two just got sluggish and then kicked the bucket, one had a fungue (or something) that I spent 50+ dollars trying to fix another just had crazy fin rot and when his quality of life declined he went to fishy heaven. The guppies that don't get ill are wonderful and hardier but I seem to have just gotten a few bad quality ones.

I was worried about the otos and the gourami being hard to keep but nope, it was the guppies.

OliviaBolivia

AC Members
Mar 18, 2011
Near London, England
Guppies. Never again, except maybe endlers.

But by far the worst were the yo-yo loaches. They bullied all my panda corys to death, plucked out the eyes of my neons, and evaded capture to such an extent that I wrecked my tank every time I tried to net one. Got them out in the end though. :)

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
Guppies. Never again, except maybe endlers.

But by far the worst were the yo-yo loaches. They bullied all my panda corys to death, plucked out the eyes of my neons, and evaded capture to such an extent that I wrecked my tank every time I tried to net one. Got them out in the end though. :)
My yoyo loach is beautiful!!!

He also lives with the African cichlids now. I've never seen a scratch or split fin on him...

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
For me it is not a fish that I willingly have gotten this time.

The dreaded Pacu. This time the one I have came with helping a friend of mine rehome all of his fish so that he could sell off the tanks from his fish room. When it came to the pacu, my buddy just shrugged his shoulders and said "Who is gonna take that thing?" Of course I could not take all his fish and leave him with the pacu. So now I once again have a pacu in my 300g.

Unfortunately it would seem this pacu has a taste for other fish. Came in the other morning to find one of my red bay snooks went for a bite, to bad it was the one that got bit.

'I really think they should not sell pacu in the hobby.

I am going to get my galvanized stock tub 300g and treat it with a aquarium safe sealant and then make it into a pond for mr pacu.

I am going to see if a guy I know who has a 600g would be interested.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Black Molly and black skirt tetras. The Molly poops too much (and won't quit having babies!) and the black skirts are overly nippy towards each other... But I can't bare to get rid of them. :(

angelfishlover

Angelfish and Discus freak!!!
Mar 8, 2007
Singapore
Real Name
Faiz
I would like to say its my common pleco... The longest resident in the tank... Had it since it was just around 2 inches but unfortunately it grew too big and start uprooting the plants...

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
lol, nice one Ziggy!

I'd say that mine is a toss up between mollies and black skirt tetras. The mollies don't understand concepts like "abstinence" (I've since gone to all females, about 5-6 months ago, thank god the fish are finally done popping out fry), and they do poop a lot. Black Skirts because I've had no luck with them since I lost my first stock due to something that got in the water during work on the house.

However, convicts (of which I have only ever had 1) would definitely be up there. I don't want to get any every again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store