New 135 build sps dominated

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jessie1

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
Wow this is so amazing! I will do something like this in my basement in the near future ( that means 10-20 years).. it looks great!

reefbumgm333

Reef Bum
Apr 19, 2009
Tulsa OK
Great looking setup, I have all intentions of an in-wall tank with dominant SPS. My only problem is getting the kids to leave the nest 5 years early.
Anyhow, great build thread and looking forward to updates.

How are you dosing? Are you using a calcium reactor? Any controllers?

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Great looking setup, I have all intentions of an in-wall tank with dominant SPS. My only problem is getting the kids to leave the nest 5 years early.
Anyhow, great build thread and looking forward to updates.

How are you dosing? Are you using a calcium reactor? Any controllers?

Hey reefbum,
Thanks and I'm only dosing kalk through a kent aquadoser and IV line 24/7. I do 2 week 40gallon water changes with Oceanic. I'm trying to keep things simple. I know my growth would be better with a CR and all the fixin's, but that's more things to go wrong, with my luck.
Tom

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Thanks for the compliments, Folks!

CollarCrazy, Yeah, I'm in Milford. Been here about 20 years after I broke out of Dearborn Heights, LOL.

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
I'll try to take some today. My photo skills are embarrassing so I'm going to take my time and give something you can actually see. Thanks for asking.

Tom

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
O.k., this is around the one year anniversary for this tank. I'm fighting some red turf algae and valonia. The corals are growing, however and the fish are happy. I use the Bacter7 and vodka regime and have since incorporated an ETSS 1400 with Iwaki 100rlt. I also have the etss 800 w/Iwaki 70rlt running and both are pulling lots of skimmate. Once the 1400 kicks in fully, I'll remove the 800. I feed too much, for sure.

As I said, my photo skills are lousy so bear with me:
Whole tank shot:

Left side:

Right side:

Assorted other shots showing my beautiful valonia and algae:

Thanks for looking,
Tom

xsdbs

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006
looks like it's coming along pretty good. is the turf algae the same as cynobateria? my pictures don't come out so good either, maybe we can get someone that takes good pictures to put a "HOW - THREAD" for pictures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store