New 320 Gallon Thread!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
hahahahahha

o man. i am green with envy :(

whatcha gonna put in there?
Wow, what a find! Congrats. Now how about finding me a tank that size for that price. :D
Craigslist!!! If you're looking for deals post a want ad too, I got a lot of replies. This tank wasnt advertised for sale on CL yet, the guy saw my want ad and e-mailed me. I know some areas dont have great CLs, but it's still worth it. transportation is always a factor too. i looked into renting a uhaul cargo van, but didnt end up having to do it.

You could, and thats where a python or hose comes in. Imagine changing that 5 gallons at a time, lol.
changing 5 gallons at a time.. lol. would definitely be very time and energy consuming. i have a regular cut garden hose to siphon/syphon the water out and a drink-friendly hose with a faucet attachment to fill it up. a lot of stresscoat is going to be going in the tank during w/cs, that's for sure.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Many Congrats Easy! Count me in the envious category! :)

boomerjr91

I see you!
Apr 8, 2007
Horseheads, NY
:jaw: Nice find. Instead of fish, just make it your new bedroom.

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
thanks guys.
lol boomer, one of my brothers friends was over and he was like.. "ill just live in that thing.. you could have a whale in an aquarium"
ill definitely keep you guys posted. first steps are: 1.to clean it out a bit(the guy already powerwashed it, but just in case), 2.build a quick, ugly, efficient stand with 2x6s, 3.pick out a powerhead and get the needed PVC piping

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

b.greene

AC Members
Jan 30, 2008
Northern Michigan
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER EXCITING!!!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Congratulations!!! Very nice find indeed! If it were mine I think it would become my new home! Wife got real upset at the 90 going up, imagine a tank like that?

Likely I would stock it with things I could practice fly-fishing for!!!LOL

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
What an absurdly great deal. Imagine huge piles of driftwood, a couple huge amazon swords, some geophagines and peruvian angels. Maybe a school of hatchets for the top, and a huge school of diamond/bleeding heart tetras. Such a big tank to play around with.... I imagine you spend a huge amount of time thinking about it lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store