New Aquascape: Edens Gate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
So tomorrow i will be starting my new aquascape. it is a section of a weeping willow forest with a path. what makes it cool is the unique bonsai driftwood im using (which was really hard to find)

heres a link to the type of wood am using : bonsaidriftwood.com

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I like the driftwood. You could really do a nice scape with those...I could visualize re-foliating with various mosses.

Mark

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
I like the driftwood. You could really do a nice scape with those...I could visualize re-foliating with various mosses.

Mark
Yeah I know. Actually maybe you can help me. I have done my hardscape. All the rocks will be covered in Christmas and Taiwan moss. And the branches on the trees will be covered in weeping moss.

The original concept was to have a river flow through the trees because alot of weeping willow trees grow next to rivers and lakes. But I'm wondering should I continue with the river by using sand or should I just make it into a forest by covering it with grass

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Often an open small stream would be hidden by grass or other vegetation that grows by the water.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Yeah I know. Actually maybe you can help me. I have done my hardscape. All the rocks will be covered in Christmas and Taiwan moss. And the branches on the trees will be covered in weeping moss.

The original concept was to have a river flow through the trees because alot of weeping willow trees grow next to rivers and lakes. But I'm wondering should I continue with the river by using sand or should I just make it into a forest by covering it with grass
Often an open small stream would be hidden by grass or other vegetation that grows by the water.
I'd combine both ideas; A white sand stream with low-growing plants alongside which will grow out over the "water" but not completely cover it. I've seen several scapes of similar concept. Many used ADA Aquasoil as the majority substrate with sand or crushed white quartz as stream. Intermittant plantings of DHG with a patch or two of DBT and blyxa would look very cool, IMO.

Mark

Reactions: Mr Ironic

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
i have white sand which is very fine and some orange sand which has a bit bigger granules

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
I'd combine both ideas; A white sand stream with low-growing plants alongside which will grow out over the "water" but not completely cover it. I've seen several scapes of similar concept. Many used ADA Aquasoil as the majority substrate with sand or crushed white quartz as stream. Intermittant plantings of DHG with a patch or two of DBT and blyxa would look very cool, IMO.

Mark
the only plants i have to use is DHG, dwarf pennywort, some moss and some stem plant

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice wood!!!! ;)

Reactions: Mr Ironic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store