New Baby in my Main tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Cool! What do you think it is?

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
I think it's my bronze Cory's! They've been laying eggs ever other week lol looking for a cheap tank to set up a fry tank lol also another tank for my Tetras

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Wow! That's exciting! So, how's the new tank hunt going? You don't have to make a rash decision for these fry, if they've bred once, they'll do it again. But raising fry is the "next step" in fish keeping. Good luck!

Spring is a good time to hit up garage sales...neighbors, relatives, coworkers etc. LOL, enabling you!

Ian h

AC Members
Jan 14, 2019
I have found a few good priced ones somewhat close to me. But I am going to buy a new tank on Sunday and maybe a used one for breeding.
Yeah I've researched the crap out of keeping baby's alive. but need a tank soon just for eggs lol. I also got to find people/stores to sell to.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, until you raise fry to sellable size (say 1/2 an inch, or, to Canadians, a cm, lol), it's a moot point. No lfs is willing to take tiny fry. But you're on your way! It's a fun adventure, enjoy it! & work on your daily water changing & several times/day feeding skills, your going to need them!!

More pics please!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That's pretty blurry pic, JK, lol.

Feed them at least 2 or 3 times/day (more if you can) if you can keep up with big daily water changes. Not just WCs but vacuuming out uneaten & poo ( but not the fry!). The more you feed & the more WCs, the faster they'll grow...But let this be a learning experience in finding a food the fry will eat & all the work involved, it's not trivial!! You can do it!!

Microworms or a slow dissolving tablet, pellet or wafer type food might be good...see what works.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store