New Blood Parrot ugly or cute

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Is the new BP cute or ugly

• Its Cute

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Its ugly

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Its so ugly its cute

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Its so ugly/beet up take it back

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Ugly.

stevezx2002

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Hartford City, IN
Thanks for all the replies, good or bad. Now my wife likes to rub it in my face that more people agree with her. It still wasn't getting along with one of our other BP's so its in the 29 with my convict pair. Its alot easier to treat 29 gallons of water than 75. I use stress coat at waterchanges and I have been dosing some salt and melafix so the damage should start healing soon, part of its tail had begun to regrow before she brought it home so the outlook is good. part of the large black blotch faded on top of its head. After it is healed I will try to introduce it back to the main tank and see how that works.

laudy000

AC Members
Jan 6, 2009
Steve, dont complain. You are lucky to have a wife who takes an interest in your hobby. I have two major hobbies and my wife couldnt care less about either one of them. I wish she would take enough interest so as to even want to bring a fish home for me. No such luck here. lol.

stevezx2002

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Hartford City, IN
Well, heres a 10 day update on the progress, its still in the 29 gal and is getting along great with the con's. Since the BP went in the tank they have laid eggs, and now we have 200 or so free swiming fry with no aggression.

Before

Now

Tail fin is regrowing nicely, scales are filling back in, and the black patches are dissapearing. Still ugly, but getting closer to being healthy.
By the way, my wife named it Quazi Moto.

Last edited:

ghinksmon

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
Northern NJ
Ugly, but I just don't get the whole BP and/or balloon fish trend. Breeders used to cull those deformities but now breed for it?? Not for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store