New Emperor filters with mid level intake

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

randyk47

AC Members
Apr 26, 2006
Iceman - Join the crowd. I have a new Emperor 400....even says on the box it's the new and improved model....and there's no flow control anywhere. I checked thoroughly last night after I got home from work. Zip, zero, nothing. Yes, you can control the angle of spray bars but that's not the same as flow control. Not sure it makes much difference but I don't have the option.

Last edited:

partsrep

Go Yankees!
Mar 16, 2005
LI, NY
tank90 said:
i just bought mine here is what it looks like....
That's what I think is the old style

partsrep

Go Yankees!
Mar 16, 2005
LI, NY
randyk47 said:
Iceman - Join the crowd. I have a new Emperor 400....even says on the box it's the new and improved model....and there's no flow control anywhere. I checked thoroughly last night after I got home from work. Zip, zero, nothing. Yes, you can control the angle of spray bars but that's not the same as flow control. Not sure it makes much difference but I don't have the option.
That's what I'm talking about. They did change it.

Iceman_6104

AC Members
Jan 10, 2006
we should all call them and *****... and then mabie they will send us new ones with flow control. wait.... theres like four of us... ya they might just laughing at us.

tank90

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
sorry guys, thats wierd, I bought mine at pet supplies plus in jackson, michigan 2 weeks ago...since i just bought it i guess i figured it was a new model. I understand what you mean about the flow control, its nice to be able to turn the filter down really low when i feed my rays bloodworms because they dont get sucked into the filter. It's a great feature and i cant for the life of me understand why they would change it. Would be nice to know what moron thought it would be a good idea to change it, probably some college graduate that has never even owned an aquarium and makes about 100,000 a year. :rant2:

partsrep

Go Yankees!
Mar 16, 2005
LI, NY
Honestly, it never would have come to my attention if I didn't call marineland to complain about the noist filter. It's when they sent me the replacement parts I realized they were different and I remembered seeing "new" next to the Emperor filters in the Drs. Foster & Smith catalog. Maybe it's the adjustment that makes them so noisy, however I must admit it's still the loudest filter I have. I probably won't use it. I'll just stick with my Eheim's for bio and Aquaclears for mechanical and live happily ever after. It's a shame though as I can see the Emperor as being a real nice filter, but when they are as load as a crappy air pump, that's unacceptable.

tank90

AC Members
Aug 30, 2005
D@$m I cant even hear mine running, you must have gotten a **** one. that sucks dude sorry......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store